Which Android 3 custom ROM for my device?

bennz

Dec 14, 2010
Hello all ,

Recently I purchased an unbranded Chinese Tablet with Tegra2 chip which is running Android 2.2 At the moment.

I have found out there is no Software lock nor restrictions on changing the ROM on this tablet. So I would like to put a custom ROM on it if possible.

I have two questions :

1- Is there any system requirements I should be aware before putting any custom ROM on my device? for example any specific PBC board/chipset or other component?

2- What is the best custom Adnroid 3 series ROM ( with the most stability and functionality ) which is designed for Tegra2 chipset?

Please go easy on me as I am new and would like to expand my knowledge with productive help of people here
smile.gif

Thanks

JoeRebel

Aug 30, 2011
Hi! Okay, first thing I want u to do is connection t the tablet via USB. Order connection to any PC.or computer. Look to find where you're tablets USB debugging mode is and check that and then open USB access to PC from tablet so you can see if the.drivers for.it.can be downloaded. This step is a not so important one but its always good to have the drivers this way you're PC recognizes it. If this happens then your good shape. If not don't worry. I need for u to see if the PC sees the tablet that's all. On PC go to windows then to computer there you should see the tablet drive. If that is all good I then want u to proceed to go on the PC's internet and find a program called 1CLICK ROOT. Find a good one and download it asap. When downloaded run and let the application open. Once open it should register that it sees your tablet. Look to see if it does if not don't worry. The program top should look darklight blue. At the top part of it to the left you should see a tab hit it to submit and that's it. It should take about 1 min. or so it will tell you if it has.been.successful. walls!! Go turn off tablet then turn on then once all on go to settings and then there go find the tablets description it should show there that it was rooted. If not download from tablets apps the root app this app on e opens and hit will tell you if you are rooted. Then from tablets app store download 4SHARE its a blue.colored app. this will help you to download other apps. Otherwise you can text me at 3477150850 on my galaxy tab

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum

bennz

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for your help !!
I actually discovered i am a clone of Advent Vega and Iam running Vegacomb 8.1 on it. It works fantastic only lacks USB host support ..