Which section to look at?

frankharrison

Sep 18, 2012
I'm new here so I may get things wrong but here goes :)

I have an Elonex LNX 750 ET.

K Number : 2.6.25

Rochchip Version : 1.2.7 (MID)

Android Version: 1.5

It says Google Android and at the bottom has mini HDMI, camera, WiFi, Mini USB, USB, 2 like earphone sockets, power socket and charges from a 9 volt PSU.

Can anyone help me find the right section to find out about updating,etc?

I've seen sections about red Led and blue Led but this tablet hasn't one. Just menu key, and camera on the front, with volume and on/off at the top at the side.

The Elonex site has nothing. Just a quick user guide which basically says "turn on and use" :)

Any help would be usefull.

Thanks
Frank

D

Dawnstar

Hello

You will need to find the update driver for your tablet also you need RKBatchTool_1.5.exe you have to install this tool on your PC.

Here is how to update.

Extract the Rockchip batch tool which includes the necessarydrivers for Windows

Run the RKBatchTool_1.5.exe in the extracted Flash tool folderand select the image you downloaded from Cube

1. Shut down your tablet

2. Plug the USB cable into your tablet

3. Now pressing the power and volume + buttons togetherconnect the other endof the USB cable to your PC

4 Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

5. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folderwithin the extractedbatch tool folder and select it allowing windows to installthe driver. If youaren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failurego to DeviceManager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and selectupdatedrivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with thedriversfor your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

6. If all ok the "device 1 connected" squarewithin theRKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

7. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

8. The green square should change to orange showing that theflash operationis happening

9. If all ok you should get a success message at the end(takes about 3minutes)

10. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then pressthe power button

11. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than anormal boot. Justbe patient and wait for the lockscreen.

12. The default language will be Chinese. When you get aprompt hit the homebutton and then go to settings and look for the menu optionwith a letter A ina white box (this is language). Select this and then the topoption on theright hand side of the screen. This will give you a list oflanguages. SelectEnglish (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.

Done
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dawnstar

Thanks Dawnstar.
Any ideas for firmware/roms etc?

Frank

No at this time but you could go to the (Elonex LNX 750 ET) website or change your OS to Jelly bean 1.04 then update to 1.06 if you like. and follow my guild above.