Which tablet to buy for christmas 2011?

jonsie92

Dec 2, 2011
I am lost with the amount of choice on the market and can't find something that meets my criteria and is newish.

I am a student looking to browse the web and take typed notes in lectures rather than carry around my large laptop, using drop box i will then transfer my notes over to the PC to add to.
Ideally im looking for:
a 10" screen but would go to a 8" if this had more longlivity.
I would like to run android 3.0, and dont really want to be buying anthing released before 2009
Multitouch
Something that wont become too outdated in the next year.
6hr battery life
Flash Compatable

Bellow £300, but any suggestion is good.
the Hannspad SN10T4 Honeycomb tablet looks ideal but I can't find a realease date or price any info would also be good.

Last edited:

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Your options are not that big then. If you are set on Honeycomb 3.0, you have the Acer Iconia A500, Motorola Xoom, and the Asus Transformer. There is also Acer Iconia A100 but that is a 7 inch.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

jonsie92

Dec 2, 2011
In fairness I dont know much about the android operating system, but understand it is less restricted than Apple OS's, my biggest concern is not getting outdated within the next year and being left with slow hardware.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Any of the choices above are on good shape to receive updates.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

jseah

Nov 21, 2011
All of those recommended above has the Tegra 2 dual core processor, so they will most likely be updated to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) as well. The Asus Transformer also has a hardware keyboard available as an accessory that will almost double the battery life and is pretty well integrated with the tablet. It does double the thickness and weight of the tablet though, effectively "transforming" it into essentially a small netbook. It is still quite portable though. The keyboard also has an extra memory card slot as well as providing you will a full size USB port. For the other tablets, you could also go with any Bluetooth keyboards for the same effect (except you don't get the extra ports or card slot).