White Pandigital...feeling adventurous

mom2jps

Dec 29, 2010
We have three of these, as I posted in the general forum I gave up on trying to get my Chinese epads (or paperweights, as they've now basically become) and moved on to the Pandigital 7'' ereader/multimedia tablet.

I have my SD card, USB cable and my tablet and I'm feeling adventurous. However, from reading the forum maybe I don't need to update/upgrade. I have the B&N, OfficeSuite, SlideMe/Sam....but the two things I can't seem to get is access to Android Market and Youtube videos. Is there a flash I could do to get these and still keep what I have?

Also, I recently downloaded the Amazon Android AppStore on my tablet and all seems well until I download, it hangs after purchase complete and it just says download in progress.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? I just want to get the full capacity and use of this tablet and I figured I'd experiment on mine before I touch my daughters' tablets. Thanks.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i have flashed three white pandigital novels, but whats different about the ones i have done is i want the pure android experience and i dont care much about the pandigital stuff. so what i recommend is version 3 from here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...6-8-20-versions-market-volume-hack-built.html and then add these apps http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/pandigital-novel/5527-app-packages-pandigital-novels.html and remember you have to flash the internal sdcard not the external sdcard you can find out how here Pandigital » Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform kit. (White version)

mom2jps

Dec 29, 2010
Cool...I am gonna try this. Just want to be sure I understand the process...I will need to flash the MOD-Rooted PDM ROM (your link) by flashing the internal (also link provided for how-to) Then when that is complete and I go to add the apps as you also have linked....do I just use the external SD for that?

mom2jps

Dec 29, 2010
I'm a bit confused about the instructions. Do I download the firmware onto my external SD card and then remove the internal one. I'm purely a novice with adventurous tendencies LOL. I think the instructions seem quite clear except that I'm not sure what I do first. I'm thinking I d/l the firmware from my laptop to my external and then remove the internal???? Sorry, but thanks for your patience. :)

mom2jps

Dec 29, 2010
Alright, forget my last question...I figured that out. So, I'm loading the firmware, as advised. On the screen is a box with an arrow with the little android guy out side the box and a status bar....the status bar works up to about a 1/4 of the way and then restarts loading.....is this what it is supposed to do?