Who's running what ROM?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Trying to determine whos on what.

As you can see below, I'm running Flashback 7.2 on the 1.2 bootloader.

Also, can we start a listing for ALL the 1.2 bootloader ROMs?
preferrably categorized by Android base (ie, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb).

I've actually been considering returning to Gingerbread, but I may make a stop in the Froyo department and try one of Roebeet's creations.

Sidenote,
Why is everyone so freaked out about using NVflash? It's not too difficult to use, the thing is to be sure to install the driver's.
I also highly suggest using Roebeet's guide on SD to utilize this program.

sent from my FlashBack 7.2 Gtablet using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
So far, I've got: (will be edited as I find new additions)

Stock Tap n Crap 4349, 4950, 5274 (new)--Froyo
Brilliant Corners--Froyo
Calkculin & Clemsyn Froyo combo--Froyo
Mountain Laurel 3.1.0--Froyo (recent update)
Century Eyes--Froyo
VEGAn-Tab--Froyo (ported from 1.1bl)
Beast ROM--Froyo
Flashpoint 1.0--Froyo

?Vanilla AOSP--Gingerbread
CM7--Gingerbread--port from original build
CM7Tab--Gingerbread
AOSP G-Harmony 2.3.4--Gingerbread
VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition--Gingerbread

Flashback--Honeycomb
GtabComb--Honeycomb
Bottle of Smoke--Honeycomb
Android Illuminate--Honeycomb

Backtrack hybrid ROM--Linux OS on gtablet as straight up or dual boot

There has to be more.... That was after looking for 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Sidenote,
Why is everyone so freaked out about using NVflash? It's not too difficult to use, the thing is to be sure to install the driver's.
I also highly suggest using Roebeet's guide on SD to utilize this program.

I have to admit to some initial trepidation for NVFlash the first time I used it. I think its the fear of the unknown. That's why Matt, Dave, and others are so encouraging to have people learn to use it. Any new gtabbers reading this, please do not be afraid of nvflash, its a super easy tool using the above mentioned instructions.

As for the roms list, there is vegan ginger edition as a 1.2 I believe. Also tntlite is a 1.1 only, I think as Mountain Laurel is the 1.2 tntlite

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I have to admit to some initial trepidation for NVFlash the first time I used it. I think its the fear of the unknown. That's why Matt, Dave, and others are so encouraging to have people learn to use it. Any new gtabbers reading this, please do not be afraid of nvflash, its a super easy tool using the above mentioned instructions.

As for the roms list, there is vegan ginger edition as a 1.2 I believe. Also tntlite is a 1.1 only, I think as Mountain Laurel is the 1.2 tntlite

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Editing post... A new froyo just dropped on SD. Flashpoint 1.0

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Gtab-comb 3.3 beta 1.1 BL... and i'm attempting to use Launcher Pro Plus in conjunction with it.. will make a post of how it works out...

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Gtab-comb 3.3 beta 1.1 BL... and i'm attempting to use Launcher Pro Plus in conjunction with it.. will make a post of how it works out...

How do you like it? Have you tried anything on the 1.2 bootloader?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
It's good so far.. haven't ran into any reall issues outside of the gallery forceclose and the camera not working, but from what i understand those are simialr issues across the board...

No.. haven't tried any 1.2BL roms... just not feeling frisky to having to relaod the software back and forth so much... are there any advantages that i'm overlooking?... concidering doing it anyhow though.. I think there is a methodology you can go from 1.1 to 1.2 and back to 1.1 without nvflashing... What makes me think this is i helped a friend of mine back when BOS first came out. he did the 1.2BL versions and then wanted to come back... anyhow something i want to explore just to see if it can be done...

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
It's good so far.. haven't ran into any reall issues outside of the gallery forceclose and the camera not working, but from what i understand those are simialr issues across the board...

No.. haven't tried any 1.2BL roms... just not feeling frisky to having to relaod the software back and forth so much... are there any advantages that i'm overlooking?... concidering doing it anyhow though.. I think there is a methodology you can go from 1.1 to 1.2 and back to 1.1 without nvflashing... What makes me think this is i helped a friend of mine back when BOS first came out. he did the 1.2BL versions and then wanted to come back... anyhow something i want to explore just to see if it can be done...

People say the 1.2 seems more stable (camera works for most). I dont think theres a ton of difference.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone else? Beuller? Beuller?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Anyone else? Beuller? Beuller?

Do you mean Brauer ? Brauer ?
Or this Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - IMDb :)

There are a few more rom's that are lesser known at XDA. People are jumping around from one rom to another, so any list would be obsolete before it even gets started :)
At the end, perhaps all would end up with FB though;)

Dave

P.S. BTW, I read an analysis from Roebeet. He stated that there is no advantage difference between 1.1 and 1.2 bl. I'd recommend people to step up to 1.2bl because most popular rom's are on 1.2 and of course HC and next generation of rom's would be on 1.2.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Do you mean Brauer ? Brauer ?
Or this Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - IMDb :)

There are a few more rom's that are lesser known at XDA. People are jumping around from one rom to another, so any list would be obsolete before it even gets started :)
At the end, perhaps all would end up with FB though;)

Dave

P.S. BTW, I read an analysis from Roebeet. He stated that there is no advantage difference between 1.1 and 1.2 bl. I'd recommend people to step up to 1.2bl because most popular rom's are on 1.2 and of course HC and next generation of rom's would be on 1.2.

"save Ferris!" lol

I thought the camera functions on more ROMs for bl1.2? I figured I'd complile a list any way. If you or anyone else knows what others are out there that i missed, please post them. I know the list will change constantly, but at least we can keep a diary of sorts to follow development. I know ROMs seem to drop like bombs around here. I'm trying to cronicle the available ROMs for the future owners, or current owners like myself that are new or newer to these tablets.

PS... My son was welcomed to the world yesterday at 5:30 PM eastern time! I am one excited dad.

-Mike
sent from the hospital on my FlashBack 7.2 Gtablet using Tapatalk

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Yes, congratulations to the new baby !
You have four more to go, right ?:)

Dave

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Nope. Just 2 kids for me. My daughter, Sylvia (3), and my new son, William. Thanks guys.

---now lets get back on topic.--- :)

luvduchovny

May 20, 2011
Congratulations on child number 2!

I'm using Gtabcomb 3.3 on bootloader 1.2. I was on 1.1 and braved converting it over using nvflash (which I had initially hesitated to use, until I bricked my tab using some instructions that work the way it claimed it would. YAY to the gtablet for dummies page! I got back on track there). I'm almost tempted to go back to Gingerbread (I used to run VeganGinger) but I'm holding out for zhyong to come out with an update for Gtabcomb.