wifi confusion? coby kyros 7015

tfkohman

Mar 2, 2011
i can go days without a problem...then out of the blue, my tablet will not connect to my wireless...it will spend some time trying to obtain a ip address...then it will say that it is "remembered" and "secured with wpa/wpa2 psk"

any thoughts?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
it could be on the end of your router. I know sometimes i have to hard reset my router. Just a thought

chicle

Jan 30, 2011
I've had the same wifi problem happen a couple of times. The way I solved it: 1) turn computer off. 2) unplug routers (wireless too). 3) wait at least 30 seconds. 4) plug routers back in. 5) turn PC back on. 6) turn the tablet's wifi on. 7) it should now see the available wifis. 8) choose your wifi and connect. You'll have to input the password again the first time you connect, but it should connect automatically from now on.

This solution worked for me. It might not work for all.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

mus

Mar 7, 2011
at work my tablet wont connect to my wpa/wpa2 router. It keeps saying incorrect pw when i try to connect even though I know the pw is right.

At home it is hit or miss if I will get any connectivity when I connect to my wireless. Usually I have to reboot the tablet and make sure I choose wep on the connection for it to work right.

I wonder if they will come out with an update to fix this or is this a hardware issue?

the toninator

Jan 24, 2011
my router is fried and acts kind of the same way. I have no problems with wired connections but wireless seem to get locked out every 24 hours so i have to unplug the router once a day to reset it. to cheap to buy a new one because that's the only problem.

tfkohman

Mar 2, 2011
my router isnt an old one...its actually fairly new...the kryos will go online fine a couple times in a row...but then i have to reset the router...there must be an easier way...is there some setting somewhere?? it still gives the same message as before....it takes forever to obtain an address, and then doesnt connect...frustrated...

RVS78

Feb 24, 2011
For a while I couldn't connect unless it's set to WEP. The other day I had to reset router and was able to sign in WPA.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk