WiFi connection and USB Mass Storage Device Problems on Le Pan TC 970

Dec 12, 2012
I am having problems with my Le Pan TC 970 tablet.

Problem 1:
I use to be able to connect to the internet from my tablet. Now it says obtain ip address but never connects.

Problem 2:
I also use to be able to connect my tablet with my computer but now my computer does not even recognize it. My tablet does not even say that it is connect to the computer but the tablet is still charging.

I have deleted everything off my sd card and even factory reset it.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
Hopefully, you still have warranty. Jump through the hoops at their website for a rma #.
They have 'kind of' abandoned that model - no software updates and any that were there were removed.
I do advise anyone to avoid these things like the plague unless you are getting it for 50 bucks. Mine is now a clock and it doesn't do a good job with that either - keeps freezing up.
Good luck.

May 3, 2012
I have a LP2 and its fantastic. If your unable to connect it to your PC make sure its in USB storage mode and make sure you have USB debugging turned on. Also if your getting stuck at "obtaining IP address" make sure wherever your connection the dhcp server is running properly (most likely this isn't the case). You can also try the "forget" option for the wireless network your joining and re-connect after that. Also a reboot of the tablet or pressing the reset button. You can even just switch wifi off than on. Many basic troubleshooting steps to take before "abandoning" your tablet. Basic connectivity issues are something that EVERY tablet user encounters. Even Ipads people.