WIFI falls over ( #3656 rom )

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
Hi, I successfully installed the 2.2 #3656 rom but have network probs with WIFI.

It starts ok, but within minutes I get network errors.
Things are okay when I use a LAN cable.

Any clues???

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Hi, I successfully installed the 2.2 #3656 rom but have network probs with WIFI.

It starts ok, but within minutes I get network errors.
Things are okay when I use a LAN cable.

Any clues???

How old is your WiFi router / access-point? Does it have the most recent firmware?

I am guessing you did not have WiFi problems before the update?

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
its an old netgear dg834g. Why?

I've got 3x laptops & 3x HTC android phones all working ok with the same router too.

Last edited:

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
its an old netgear dg834g. Why?

I've got 3x laptops & 3x HTC android phones all working ok with the same router too.

These tablets don't work particularly well under the best of circumstances. So have you checked to see if you have the latest formware for your router? This has been known to help in a few cases, and is much cheaper than buying a new router.
DG834Gv1

But you didn't answer my question about whether this network/router ever worked for your tablet?

Also, there is a little slide switch at the top of the tablet, that turns the WiFi off. You might check, in its powered down state, that it is fully in the on position. And never, ever, use this switch to turn of the WiFi. Because when it fails after a few cycles, you'll have no WiFi.