WiFi Problem ProScan PLT8031

Oct 6, 2012
Hi.
I just purchased a Proscan PLT8031. The Proscan will not search for wifi. It either reads 'error' after I try to search, or keeps repeating 'turn wifi on'.. which I'm trying to do.. and then it turns the wifi off again and gives the same message to turn the wifi on. So it simply repeats over and over.
Please can someone help?
I just purchased this from Big Lots but they are not helpful. I live in Istanbul and California, however, I use my laptop, iphone and Samsung in Istanbul without a problem - so I know it's not Istanbul that's the problem.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, congratulations on your new Proscan tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get that WiFi working. Good luck!

rmb256

Oct 10, 2012
i have a plt 8031, and it has some serious problems. i can get the wifi to come on by pushing the " on/off" icon on the settings page, then as soon as it says "turning on wifi" i quickly push the power button, select yes, to confirm turning it off. as soon as it shuts off, turn it right back on. you might have to try this 2-3 times to get it to work.
By the way, can anyone figure out how to get the usb working right? i try to plug in my joystick, and nothing happens. nothing happens when i plug any usb devices in. it does find my computer, but it does not transfer data.

menco

Oct 12, 2012
Hi.
I just purchased a Proscan PLT8031. The Proscan will not search for wifi. It either reads 'error' after I try to search, or keeps repeating 'turn wifi on'.. which I'm trying to do.. and then it turns the wifi off again and gives the same message to turn the wifi on. So it simply repeats over and over.
Please can someone help?
I just purchased this from Big Lots but they are not helpful. I live in Istanbul and California, however, I use my laptop, iphone and Samsung in Istanbul without a problem - so I know it's not Istanbul that's the problem.

My Proscan will not complete WiFi connections when booting from sleep state or cold boot unless I remove the SDHC memory card and cod boot again (power off, then power up). Try that, it may help.

loganone

Oct 12, 2012
I had this same problem when I let the battery drain. I sideloaded a program called wifix Manager and it installed a fix, works fine now.

Last edited: