WiFi Problem

jalmd11

Oct 17, 2014
Just joined the group as I have just purchased an android tablet with KitKat installed and am trying to find my way round it. I have read several posts on similar threads but am not sure if this one has applied. Although I can send and receive e-mails on my gmail address I cannot connect onto the internet at all by either the Browser or Google apps, according to sellers customer service say it must be a router problem but don't know what. I have reset tablet & router. I have a laptop and my wife has a laptop and an android device (never had anything to do with her android) all were set up on the same wi-fi router with no problems at all. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks Derek

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Derek

If you are able to send/receive G-Mail on the tablet then it doesn't make sense that you can use a browser. My suggestion is that you try it at a friends house or a public hotspot. That would rule the router in or out.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Derek, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

jalmd11

Oct 17, 2014
Welcome to the forum Derek

If you are able to send/receive G-Mail on the tablet then it doesn't make sense that you can use a browser. My suggestion is that you try it at a friends house or a public hotspot. That would rule the router in or out.
Hi all Thank for the welcome and help. Tried it at my sons house (he is on BT) and although it did not want to log in to his router he logged in to a hot spot and it works fine so assume I have a problem with the router access but as the laptops etc work ok not sure where to look at the moment so if anyone can help further would be grateful Derek

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have said many times on this very forum that just because 9 devices connect there should be no expectation that the 10th will. Not only is Android a different OS, the connection problems can vary between Android devices.

Have you checked the link in my signature for WiFi problems. There are things you can do with the router that could make the tablet work and not affect the other devices, (other than possibly a password or security type change).