Wiimote

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Hey all :) Got a tough one for you. I purchased a non OEM wiimote on amazon for $10.00 just to play NES roms on the tablet. Unfortunately it asking for a PIN to pair. 1234 and 0000 doesn't work. I've also tried the wiimote from the app store, but it still requires a pin. I was able to locate this, but have no idea what it means:

Lets assume the Wiimote has the bluetooth address "00:1E:35:3B:7E:6D". If you want the PIN for bluetooth pairing in a simple string, do the following:

char pin[6];
pin[0] = 0x6D;
pin[1] = 0x7E;
pin[2] = 0x3B;
pin[3] = 0x35;
pin[4] = 0x1E;
pin[5] = 0x00;

Now "pin" contains your bluetooth pin that should be used for pairing your devices.

Can someone translate that to terms that I can understand? Or did I just waste $10.00 by not buying an OEM mote?

Thanks for any replies.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Hey all :) Got a tough one for you. I purchased a non OEM wiimote on amazon for $10.00 just to play NES roms on the tablet. Unfortunately it asking for a PIN to pair. 1234 and 0000 doesn't work. I've also tried the wiimote from the app store, but it still requires a pin. I was able to locate this, but have no idea what it means:

Lets assume the Wiimote has the bluetooth address "00:1E:35:3B:7E:6D". If you want the PIN for bluetooth pairing in a simple string, do the following:

char pin[6];
pin[0] = 0x6D;
pin[1] = 0x7E;
pin[2] = 0x3B;
pin[3] = 0x35;
pin[4] = 0x1E;
pin[5] = 0x00;

Now "pin" contains your bluetooth pin that should be used for pairing your devices.

Can someone translate that to terms that I can understand? Or did I just waste $10.00 by not buying an OEM mote?

Thanks for any replies.

What is the actual Bluetooth address?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply.. My apologies, but how would I find that information?

OK, disclaimer here: I don't use Bluetooth devices, so I may not be of much help. But the address in the example makes me think that the address is fixed for the unit. So I'd take a good look for a label on it somewhere.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I used an app.. The address is 00:18:00:46:CA:32

Ok. I've got another question: are you sure the pin is four digits, all numeric? If not, what are the possibilities?

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Ok. I've got another question: are you sure the pin is four digits, all numeric? If not, what are the possibilities?

I have no idea what the pin is.. :|

I found this, if it helps at all. its just a bit beyond my understanding:
This is great info.

It worked for me! My BT host addr fortunately has no nulls, but still an 0x13 which is an unprintable character. I reversed it, put it into a hex editor, opened the resulting file in notepad. Cut & pasted it into the passcode input field and now I can reliably reconnect to my wiimote without all of the BS using the Microsoft stack.

Woo just got mine working, thanks for the info. If your bluetooth host address has nulls, try the wiimote address. This how I got mine paired sucessfully:

--Found out wiimote mac address from "wiipair" (GUI version...this quoted the wiimote MAC as 23:53:81:81:02:05, whereas windows thinks its 05:02:81:81:53:23)

--Typed out "23 53 81 81 02 05" in notepad (maybe try reversing this depending on how you found out the wiimote MAC)

--Select all, copy, paste from notepad into hex editor ("HxD")

--Saved file from hex editor

--renamed hex editor file to have .txt extension

--opened this file in notepad

--select all, copy

--go to add bluetooth device

--hold 1+2 on the remote

--paste in pass code

--win :D :D

After reading up on this, it seems like its better for me to just buy a OEM wiimote ;) Appreciate the help, but it doesn't look like there is any easy way for me to extract the pin from that address.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I have no idea what the pin is.. :|

I found this, if it helps at all. its just a bit beyond my understanding:
This is great info.

It worked for me! My BT host addr fortunately has no nulls, but still an 0x13 which is an unprintable character. I reversed it, put it into a hex editor, opened the resulting file in notepad. Cut & pasted it into the passcode input field and now I can reliably reconnect to my wiimote without all of the BS using the Microsoft stack.

Woo just got mine working, thanks for the info. If your bluetooth host address has nulls, try the wiimote address. This how I got mine paired sucessfully:

--Found out wiimote mac address from "wiipair" (GUI version...this quoted the wiimote MAC as 23:53:81:81:02:05, whereas windows thinks its 05:02:81:81:53:23)

--Typed out "23 53 81 81 02 05" in notepad (maybe try reversing this depending on how you found out the wiimote MAC)

--Select all, copy, paste from notepad into hex editor ("HxD")

--Saved file from hex editor

--renamed hex editor file to have .txt extension

--opened this file in notepad

--select all, copy

--go to add bluetooth device

--hold 1+2 on the remote

--paste in pass code

--win :D :D

After reading up on this, it seems like its better for me to just buy a OEM wiimote ;) Appreciate the help, but it doesn't look like there is any easy way for me to extract the pin from that address.

I think it's the text version of your device code. I'm going to put a hex editor on the tab and see what I can come up with.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I think it's the text version of your device code. I'm going to put a hex editor on the tab and see what I can come up with.

Ah, this is beyond me. Sorry :(