Will This work? Non Compatible Google Play Store Tablet

Norm202

Dec 26, 2012
I have a Nextbook Premium 8se tablet. Nice machine for a $79 price. The only draw back is its lack of Google Play Store download ability.
Now maybe not all apps will run on all all tablets because of architecture, chip or version of Android but most will if it can be downloaded either to PC or directly to tablet.
If I had a friend who can download the app through Google Play Store on to a usb drive, will I be able to transfer to PC then to my tablet?

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Norm202. The fact that your tablet is an Android device it is only the particular version that may preclude you from running from certain applications but not all, obviously. However, if you can get a Google email address then that may be an entry to the Google Play store. You can join Google then it's just a matter of downloading the Google App and entering your details and of course a credit card number but you do not necessarily have to spend any money because a lot of apps are free unless you find an app that costs a small amount to get the full amount of features and no adverts. There is also the Amazon app store where you can also get Android apps, it's your choice. You may be able to install free Android apps via an USB drive but I doubt you could do that with paid versions. Some other member of this forum may have experience with that. Enjoy your tablet!

Norm202

Dec 26, 2012
Hi Norm202. The fact that your tablet is an Android device it is only the particular version that may preclude you from running from certain applications but not all, obviously. However, if you can get a Google email address then that may be an entry to the Google Play store. You can join Google then it's just a matter of downloading the Google App and entering your details and of course a credit card number but you do not necessarily have to spend any money because a lot of apps are free unless you find an app that costs a small amount to get the full amount of features and no adverts. There is also the Amazon app store where you can also get Android apps, it's your choice. You may be able to install free Android apps via an USB drive but I doubt you could do that with paid versions. Some other member of this forum may have experience with that. Enjoy your tablet!

Thanks for reply. I am a member of Google through Gmail and Google plus. But my Tablet is not an approved brand. I don't get the Google shopping bag. I have since found about 6 other downloads sites but again the Google Play Store seems to be the place for the most popular apps.