Will you root your Vtab?

Nimble1

Sep 25, 2011
Just curious how many everyday users will root their tablets. I understand the urge to get into the tablet and free up the system but the average user probably will not do it.
I am pretty happy with mine so far and hope that the few issues that I have will be addressed by Vizio, mainly the SD card usage. I am hoping that the forum will continue to be frequented by users like myself who did not root their tablet.

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I admit I am a geek and have rooted my phone, although the last update undid it :( and I have not taken the time to re-root.
But at this point my only issue with the VTab is the SD card issue but I am not out of space yet so I am willing to wait and see if it is resolved by Vizio.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Since I have no plans to download a ton of apps I don't have a need to root mine. For me music and photos are my largest user of space and they all live on my sd card with no problem. Right now I still have 592mb for apps on the internal hd and 2.36 GB on the internal sd card partition. I have a 32gb external sd card so I have tons of room for music and photos.

Ok my total of added apps is 5 plus those that came installed, on my micro sd card I have 600 photos(I use it as a portfolio) and 125 songs and my vtab sees them all with no problem. I am truly enjoying my vtab and since I'm not android/root savy mine will not be rooted and there's still hope vizio will fix the problem. Plus I found es file explorer will move files(not apps) I download from the Internet to my micro sd card and yes I had to manually type my sd card location and I confirmed the location by removing the sd card and checking it on my computer.

Jim

Sent using my Vtab

Last edited: