Windows 8 consumer preview on viewpad 10

serouja

Jan 17, 2011
since this is the only forum supporting viewpad10, I guess it's better to start discussion about the windows 8 consumer preview on viewpad10.

I have installed it and it's working like a charm, please guys give a try and believe me it's awesome.

You need to download the iso image for windows 8 ( I download it by torrent) , burn it on usb using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.

you may find a problem with the sound drivers, you can install the window 7 drivers on the below link:
viewpad-10-windows-7-drivers.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

some application will ask for display resolution, please try the trick mentioned in the below link:

How to enable Windows 8 Metro style apps on an older netbook - Liliputing

Cleaning the c:\ drive from previous windows 7 files (it's around 14 gb), see the link below:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2527-windows-old-folder-delete-windows-8-a.html

sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

gregrice

Oct 25, 2011
Runs very smooth and perfect, except this resolution issue :S
It would be a great system for our tablet if we could use Metro on the native resolution!

r3sidual

Apr 16, 2012
When I tried to install Win7 on my Vpad10 everything loaded but it would never fully boot. Are you saying that you have Win8 on your vpad without Android? Did you have to format the drive any special way?

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
When I tried to install Win7 on my Vpad10 everything loaded but it would never fully boot. Are you saying that you have Win8 on your vpad without Android? Did you have to format the drive any special way?

I have Win8 along side android. I gave android a 2Gb partition and windows the rest. to make things easier put android on the first partition you will have less headaches installing windows.

jimmunsw

Apr 28, 2012
since this is the only forum supporting viewpad10, I guess it's better to start discussion about the windows 8 consumer preview on viewpad10.

I have installed it and it's working like a charm, please guys give a try and believe me it's awesome.

You need to download the iso image for windows 8 ( I download it by torrent) , burn it on usb using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.

you may find a problem with the sound drivers, you can install the window 7 drivers on the below link:
viewpad-10-windows-7-drivers.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

some application will ask for display resolution, please try the trick mentioned in the below link:

How to enable Windows 8 Metro style apps on an older netbook - Liliputing

Cleaning the c:\ drive from previous windows 7 files (it's around 14 gb), see the link below:

Windows.old Folder - Delete in Windows 8 - Windows 8 Forums

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Serouja , I am very new to this forum , I have a Viewpad 10 and would like to install Windows 8 to my existing Windows 7 on my Viewpad . I know nothing about burning iso image into a usb thumbdrive or microsd card . Can you or someone please teach me step by step on what to download and how to burn the iso image ? Where do i get this Windows 7 Usb Dvd Download Tool ? The sound drivers , the display resolution and cleaning c:\ drive , for these 3 i can try on my own but it's the Windows 8 Consumer Preview that is confusing when i read from Microsoft webpage . If possible please give me some links on how to go about it . Many thanks and best regards to you and all forumers reading this .

serouja

Jan 17, 2011
Hi jimmunsw,
you need a laptop or PC, usb flash drive (around 4 gb) and usb keyboard, try to do these instruction on your laptop or PC.

1. download an iso copy of windows 8 consumer preview from the below link from microsoft site (scroll down to English - 32bit (x86) and click on download):
Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats

keep the site open or type the Product key which located ahead below the download word on a piece of paper.

2. download and install the windows 7 dvd tool from below link:
http://images2.store.microsoft.com/prod/clustera/framework/w7udt/1.0/en-us/Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe

3. Plug a usb flash drive (min 4gb) and format it, keep it plugged to your PC.
4. start the windows 7 dvd tool and follow the instrunction, wait around 10 minutes until it show complete (or close I forgot :p).
5. Power off your viewpad, plug the usb flash drive and the usb keyboard, start the viewpad and keep presseing F11 on the keyboard (try it manytimes), then change the boot sequence to the name of your usb flash drive (e.g. SanDisk: .....), and hit enter.
6. I guess at this point the installation of windows8 will start, you can use the keyboard of you can touch the screen (I guess)
7. follow the instructions in below site, but instead of installing it on Drive 0 you install on Drive 1
How To Install Windows 8 Consumer Preview

then you can do the rest....good luck.

jimmunsw

Apr 28, 2012
Hi serouja , thanks for your quick reply , after some googleling i now understand a bit about how to make iso. image into a bootable drive , i did it with android ics 4 on my viewpad and it works fine , but however i tried twice downloading w8 cp 32bit and because it is 2.5 gb size plus my slow wifi download , windows dvd tool said iso is not valid on both tries , it took me 1 hour to download the w8cp and maybe missed some of it or maybe its corrupted , so i have to try again later . Many thanks for your guide and best regards to you - jimmunsw