Wireless Tethering From S7 To Laptop

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
Hey everyone...I've searched up and down on the forum and I can't find what I'm looking for. There's plenty of posts about sharing your phone's data connection with your S7...however, what I'm looking to do is the opposite. I have a sim card in my S7 and I want to share that data connection with my laptop. USB would be fine for now, but eventually I would prefer to create an Ad-Hoc wifi connection with the S7 that my laptop could connect to. Is there a way to do this?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Sideload Muller and Lemons WiFi tether to your S7.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
When I run barnacle I get an error saying that Barnacle requires SU access to the hardware. My S7 is properly rooted though!

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
I think I'm going to reflash...

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum

Claian

Dec 27, 2010
which software did you use to root it? r4 has never worked properly for my device. Universal Androot seems to do a much better job.
Thats what i use with barnacle

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Maybe the better choice is to wait for Android 2.2 coming out. Someone on this board said it would come out in March :confused:

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
Maybe the better choice is to wait for Android 2.2 coming out. Someone on this board said it would come out in March :confused:

To be honest, I don't believe Huawei when they say 2.2 will be released for our S7. MAYBE when the slim comes out...As much as I love my S7, I am probably never going to purchase another Huawei product again.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
To be honest, I don't believe Huawei when they say 2.2 will be released for our S7. MAYBE when the slim comes out...As much as I love my S7, I am probably never going to purchase another Huawei product again.
Wow! That's a bit harsh isn't it. They haven't done anything wrong other than administer a poor customer service and they are not alone in that.
The Huawei S7 does exactly what it says on the tin (and then some) so I for one am totally happy with my highly competant little device.
We all knew what we were getting!
And the price we paid!

Last edited:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Barnicle will give an error about spa supplicant. Just select the option to bypass and it will work.

Sent from my S7

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
I reflashed...with a new rom that I hadn't noticed before...and after rooting via z4root, barnacle AND wireless tether are both working great! The whole tablet is running 100% better than it was before actually! Stoked.