TI OMAP 3530, 256MB RAM, 7", Android 2.2

Everything else stays the same.

L7x6g.jpg

ow7ir.jpg

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
These listings are appearing everywhere now. Anyone have opinions on this?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Price is not competitive imo... Is it any good...

totouch

Jan 11, 2011
this is what i keep trying to find out... reports/info seem decent and Vincenzo over on SL has a nice compilation of edits/updates on his website... this unit seems to be overshadowed by the Herotab M816 (as far as units with the same processor)

geekempire

Jan 17, 2011
You can get Dropad A8 at 1.2Ghz for almost same price, with 512Mb of RAM & webcam and HDMI, but it loses BT and GPS (solved by USB)

totouch

Jan 11, 2011
wits also has user-changeable battery... given the battery performance of some of these units, it seems like a good option...?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Unfortunately, the A81E has been out for months, and many bugs have remained unfixed

This is why I did not recommend this unit. In the past.

Merimobiles endorsed another 'review' here. As usual, take with a grain of salt...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vincenzo

Sep 17, 2010
Witstech A81G with capacitive (multitouch) screen, is now on pre-sale from merimobiles and MP4nation.

Features:
-Capacitive screen
-Full USB
-Accelerometer

You can find a video review here:
Video - 1
and here:

Links:
Click - 1

Click - 2

Note: Official firmware for both resistive and capacitive version can also be found on my site

Enjoy! :D

ajdnykr

Nov 15, 2010
I have this device already. I also own the A81E.
I believe this are great devices for the money even with the flaws.
Wits has release a Frimware update for the A81E just about every month. My hope is they will also do the same for the A81G CAP and fix the few flaws it has.

I have not tried the 3G yet do not have so cannot comment on that.

The bad:
G-senor / Accelerometer in most games and apps. It will not center itself and most of the times just turns to the right in a circular movement.... I have had luck with 3 or 4 games...
Movie playback is limited - I have been reformating them to 720*480 M4v's and that seems to work. Rockplayer software option does not work.
Not all 3D HD games run - Pretty sure this is Android/Hardware diversity issue with all units.

The good:
Have now posted a working firmware - Fine
Capacitive Screen - Fine
Wifi works - Fine
Dolphin HD Browser w/Flash - Fine
Rooted - Fine
Apps2sd - Fine
Bluetooth - Fine
USB Thumbdrive must be FAT formated - Fine

I hope this helps out. Andy

Vincenzo

Sep 17, 2010
Hi, thanks for the tips!

I have the "old" A81E (no g-sensor, full usb) and I think it is a great piece of hardware ruined by a really bad firmware.

It is a good thing that firmware updates are constant, and the device keeps getting better (When I bought mine, battery indicator wasn't still working !!!).

I wish I could buy the capacitive version, but I'm not willing to give 260$ to buy the same device with a capacitive screen..

Anyway thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
3D capabilities for Android as a is fine. This is a hardware platform and firmware issue with the WITS. If you get the Archos 70, you probably wont have said issues.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
One of our supporting vendors HOTMID has done a product showcase:

Espania

Feb 7, 2011
You can get Dropad A8 at 1.2Ghz for almost same price, with 512Mb of RAM & webcam and HDMI, but it loses BT and GPS (solved by USB)
but if you have only one usb, you can´t watch a movie from a pen while you are "bluetoothed" or need more gadgets on your car if you want to use Igo or any other navigation software I think is too much loose

Last edited:

cirdec

Feb 13, 2011
maybe I got a faulty one, GPS is virtually not working, and battery suuk big time! A after reset unit can drain 100% to 5% battery in 4hrs, without beening on.