Wits A81E/G

davawt

Dec 14, 2010
Hi Guys
I am brand new to this type of gadget, got mine last week.
I bought a Witstech A81 with Android 2.2 - 256mb - 2GBram - plus 4GB card.
I got an extra battery and SD card with 2Gb (for firmware updates) I bought this one cus it looked as if it did what I wanted editing Word MS files and PDFs also a PiM of sorts. And the battery is a std type Ipaq just slide off the back and take out old one and input new one, no connections very fast and easy.
It is easy to update firmware (put card in, take battery out, hold down key and plug in charger. And away she goes perfect for an old guy like me. I did a update to firmware 1208 from the wits site worked like a dream now boots faster has a reset or boot on/off option.
I would recommend this to all like me just using it as a small laptop with full GPS, Bluetooth, Wireless (some games, surfing, email fast) all I need in apps as well. I got it from :-http://www.retailgadgets.co.uk
very fast service and good price and a manual on the site PDF for download.
Take care everyone and have a great christmas.......
davawt

Last edited:

davawt

Dec 14, 2010
Hi Guys
I have not tried it yet only the test GPS prog Signal is great even in doors but by a window (10 or more sats), I have only seen Co-pilot as software yet on the Android market and the ALK site.
Looks very good and costs about £25.00 so cheap enough, I had it on my nokia 5230 and it was best so may get it at christmas, I am also going to try a Bluetooth receiver soon so will let you know how that goes too.
Take care, bye
Dave