WM 8650 Tablet and few Problems

Darianna

Aug 6, 2011
Hello..

i´ve bought from EBay thiy Tablet (Link: 7" Tablet PC 800Mhz, Android 2.2, WiFi, Flash, Kamera 1 bei eBay.de: (endet 27.08.11 19:11:35 MESZ) , is a german site but for piictures..)

Specs from Site: Economy Tablet PC , WM8650 800 Mhz Dual Core RISC Prozessor with 400 Mhz Digital Signal Prozessor
  • VIA MW8650 CPU - 800 Mhz - 400 Mhz DSP.
  • 2 GB Flash, Supports 32 GB SDHC Cards
  • Gravity Sensor 16 Bit
  • 3.5 mm Speaker, Mic and 1,3 MP Cam
  • Android-2.2
Okay...now my Problems..

1. whats the real name /Model from Tablet? All i can see is MID and on the very short German manual Android 2.2 Tablet NN007
For Rom i need the real Model...
And is it really a Dual Core?

The Software says:
Model: WonderMedia WM8650
Android 2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-default
Build-Number: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo Ver1.3.1-20110602.073938

2. How can i root it? I have no root and 4zroot and androot wont work :( 4zroot says me i must enable USB Debugging and should then try again...but...it is already enable...was enable from default..
And androot says only cant root this device :(
what can i make? do i need a custom rom? but wich is the right..

3. and most angry...
i use the tablet normally to read EBooks...and i have use the Moon+ Reader on my old tablet...i love this reader...but on these tablet...have a big problem...
all is fine first...can navigate trough my books...can import....but when i open a book and the window with the chapters...when i click on a chapter or on end above....the scrrens turn black...completely black..when i use the menu button i can see the taskbar...then i can navigate back to home screen...but the home scrren is only half...the other half stays black...
now i must shut down and rebbot for a normal system :(

any ideas? aldiko reader works and all other apps havent these black scrren problem...only moon...
laputa reader crashed instantly when i open a book an show me a error...."sorry the app is crashend please send us a log..."

i will read...and aldiko isnt mine :(
I hope anybody can help#

Sorry the bad english...im german... :)

responderman

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,
in answer to your first question, try having a look at THIS page and see if you can match your Epad. Then you may know what one you have.

To answer to your second question is try to unable and enable debugging again, go back to zroot and it should work. I had the same problem with Zboot but with a little work it finally worked.

not sure about your third problem though.
regards
Jay

Last edited:

Darianna

Aug 6, 2011
Mhh thx for your help...

Okay now i think i have the M009s with green LED
But you say EPad...in the list is it an EKEn...is that the same?
And wich Rom do i need? And when i dont like the Custom ROm...is there a way to get back to the standard System? I think no?
Can i upgrade it to a higher Android Version?

z4Root have work now i thin....it have made e reboot...but why does the RootChecker say i dont have root? Mhh

Many Questions :)

#####
Edit : Mhh okay....i think now it isnt a EKEN M009...becouse it cant vibrate but have 2touch....and the back button is another...
maybe a BLY-706F V1 or a BLY-706 V3

dont know whats the difference... also no eken tablet?
im confused

Last edited:

mossopinc

Jul 30, 2011
I have the same tab, its a m003f. I also had rooting probably but I sorted it wae a new firmware. Google uberoid and install it and you will be rooted, its a better FW than the stock one!

Sent from my generic using Android Tablet Forum

responderman

Jul 14, 2011
I am saying epad as a loose description, in fact there are loads of different types in the same size and layout of 7" tablets. and if you want a stock rom again there are links on here to some. I am using one now and it is very good. If you have root, when you run zroot again it will tell you something like that you have it already, and you should have an App with an Android skull and cross-bones on it.

Mhh thx for your help...

Okay now i think i have the M009s with green LED
But you say EPad...in the list is it an EKEn...is that the same?
And wich Rom do i need? And when i dont like the Custom ROm...is there a way to get back to the standard System? I think no?
Can i upgrade it to a higher Android Version?

z4Root have work now i thin....it have made e reboot...but why does the RootChecker say i dont have root? Mhh

Many Questions :)

#####
Edit : Mhh okay....i think now it isnt a EKEN M009...becouse it cant vibrate but have 2touch....and the back button is another...
maybe a BLY-706F V1 or a BLY-706 V3

dont know whats the difference... also no eken tablet?
im confused

Darianna

Aug 6, 2011
Can you give me a Link for a Stock Rom for this tablet? Or do you mean the uberoid rom?

debdeep1988

Nov 7, 2011
hello....i have the same 7" via wm8650 mid tablet ...which i bought recently...
i will like to offer few tips for people who want to buy and use this>>>>
1. use honeycomb android 2.2 rom for this, since it will work very slow otherwise,
2. use launcher pro ex for the launcher, dont use other launchers...it will make the tab extremely slow....
3. dont use high size sd card, 2 gb is good but 16 gb will slow it down somewhat.....
4. u can install as many apps u want, but plz dont waste ur time in installing this tab, none will work properly eexcept few old or less graphics one, since this tab is not having graphics processor....
5. other all things are ok, but remember to use only the prescrived list of usb modems for internets...because other unlisted modems will not work with this.....
6. i wasted 48 hours on this, and i could get this many ideas....hope u will understand,
hereafter any prob u face regarding rooting or flashing rom, surely ask me in my [email protected] dont spam.....beg u...
thx for ur time....enjoy

Schroder

Oct 28, 2011
Errors at my end, as well. Maybe I should reinstall firmware completely

But ?how? I ask myself.

It's from China

copy n paste:

Model number WonderMedia WM8650
Android version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
Build number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.1-( etc ...)

For instance, this message is perplexing when attaching image files to outgoing messages "The application My Photo process com.wmt.wmtphoto has stopped unexpectedly"