WM8650 Can No Longer Boot

mosaicm

May 25, 2011
Hi . I use my new tablet wm8650 3-4 times and no problem...
I just turn it on today and it cannot boot anymore !!! . That's where the boot stops.
$IMG_20110525_225931.jpg What can i do ? I tried to reset the tablet from the reset button..nothing happened...is the a hard reset or smthg else? Any help ?

Last edited:

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
I read it needs the on/off button held in for 8 seconds for a hard reset. I cant remember if its 8 seconds when its "on" or "off" but it was one of them

HTH
Keith

mosaicm

May 25, 2011
I've tried that..nothing happened ..it show the logo immediately after i press the power on..and shuts down immediately when i press it again ...i do not know why boot sequence stops....i didn't interfer with firmware updates or anything else.

mosaicm

May 25, 2011
The reset button underneath the device...what is for ?
Can i find the firmware i have anywhere (or maybe a better one) and reinstall/upgrade it ?

jamiesk

May 23, 2011
The reset button underneath the device...what is for ?

Resetting it ? :D Give it a try.

Can i find the firmware i have anywhere (or maybe a better one) and reinstall/upgrade it ?
You need to be careful and get the right one for your device. I had some issues finding the correct firmware for my Chinese clone. When I got it, the flash player and Angry Birds were missing.

mosaicm

May 25, 2011
The reset button does nothing unfortunately.
Any ideas for finding the correct firmware for my tablet ?
Angry birds i guess you can install it later on...flash player i do not know if you can do that

jamiesk

May 23, 2011

bettysmith

Jul 25, 2011
@mosaicm, i've exactly the same tablet and the same problem as your. It is a WM8650 MID chinese tablet with Android OS. 2 weeks after i received the tablet, it is not booting anymore. I found this thread but there is no solution then i proceed looking for other source and i found this Fixing Android Tablet Not Booting - Unique Stuff, Tips & Tricks

I tried that trick as described in that tutorial to fix my android tablet not booting and now i've got it back to work again. Hope it helps you too.

Sathya7378

Aug 12, 2011
Hi,

i have the same problem. It get stuck in the loading screen. Previously i installed Z4root for rooting. It reboots after the permanent rooting and stuck in the loading screen and never go to Main menu screen. Can you please help me?

Here is my PAD info.

Android OS 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32
Build v1.5.1
Model Number: WM8650

I have tried copying the following two firmward into a root for fresh SD card.

7inch VIA8650 M009S_06.11
7inch 8650 latest firmware part 1-2

Nothing is showing positive. Can you please help me!!!!
Here is my email: [email protected]
Here is my phone: 214-663-1110

thanks

wiro67

Jul 24, 2011
a few things first try to find the model that works
look at this list :
$dftbbg.jpg

alright try this solution :
download uberdroid.rom
HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login
extract it to a folder on your pc then go to that folder
next put sd card in cardreader run CHANGER.bat end choose one
it will ask you if it has to copy the files to sdcard once you followd the steps
put sdcard in tablet hold power button for a few seconds and it wil reboot and flash
if it does not work try another number that comes close to the discription of your tab
i am sure one of those will work

i got mine flashed with no 9

got stuck on the same screen after a flash of a rom that looked for my device but was not
did not know model its not branded
i first tryed no 1 did work but no response of touchscreen
next did try n0 11 did not work kept loading for 20 mins
at last i tryed no 9 that one worked

as yours is not working never hurts to try
mine has a green led no vibration black earphone jack.single touch
hope it all works out B.T.W the uberdroid rom works better than original and is rooted
has acces to official android market good luck

Last edited:

Shaunw

Dec 21, 2013
Have the same problem on Two WM8650 MID Tablets. The Battery ran down and then when I tried to activate them the Boot screen went to the Little Green Android man and just sat there. After digging around the usual research sites ( Google and uTube and Forums ) I have come to the conclusion that they are RECOVERABLE but only if I obtain the correct firmware. I have just ordered and paid for :- Fixing Android Tablet Not Booting - Unique Stuff, Tips & Tricks as suggested above and will see where that takes me. I have a sneaky feeling that if he Battery runs flat I will be needing that firmware again....LOL !!!

Reading others forums it is suggesting the SD Card needs to be at FAT 16 ? when the Firmware is extracted onto it prior to inserting in the Tablet slot.

Will Update here with results.....Fingers Crossed.... Waste Paper Bin on Standby....LOL !! Good Luck to All who own these cheap and cheerful Tablets....... :)

Shaunw

Dec 21, 2013
Hi Guys n Gals..... Just a Update to my previous post... Got home last night and got my TWO ( stuck on Boot screen, Green Robot ) WM8650 Tablets out and gave them a charge and dust off ( just to Add here that mine have the BLUE LED on Power Up )( MID 7 inch screen ) and prepped my lappy with the recently acquired " WM8650_Universal_Uberoid_v12.1_22SEP2012-TekNotes_Leeh33_HcH " firmware pack and followed a User guide I had also managed to root out " HowTo Install WM8650 Universal Uberoid v12 for dummies v2 by black_championro " and followed the guide. I had a spare 8GB micro SD card hanging about from my old mobile phone so used that to put the Firmware on.
After following the guide and using the " UberoidTool " to prep my SD card via my lappy everything went flawlessly.........YAY !!!! Managed to re-install both Tablets onto
Uberoid 12.1 and fully functional....... Touch...Wi-Fi....G sensor....Sound.... ALL GOOD......

So do not despair if you have one of these stuck on that loading screen it is RECOVERABLE......... hanging onto the Flash tools in case I need them again when Battery gives up.....LOL !!!! Good Luck Everyone and thanks to ALL these Forums for their support....I could not have done it without you guys !!! Happy Flashing ! so to speak ...... :cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Shaun, congratulations on getting those tablets working again and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.