[Workaround] Force Installing APPS

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Even if you got Google Play working on your Coby Device, you will notice, that you can't install some Apps because they aren't compatible with your Device. This Guide may help you to install that Apps with some helpflull tools.

ATTENTION: This Workaround doesn't make the Apps work on your Coby in any way. If it really doesnt mach the requiered specifications, the installed Apps won't work. It only bypasses the compatibility checks in google play and during the installation. So it's not granted that the Apps will actually work on your System!

Requirements:
1. A Windows PC (XP/Vista/7) with JAVA installed
2. Debugging activated on your Coby (GB: Settings->Applications->Development; JB: Settings->Development)
3. Real APK Leecher
4. APK Batch Installer

Optional:

1. Android Device which is already registered with google play store
2. A USB Cable for connecting your Coby to your PC (not needed when used wireless ADB)
3. For Wireless ADB a Tool like ADB Konnekt installed on your Coby

So lets get started:

Download and Install the Tools from above. As installation and configuring is explained in the linked Threads, i won't explain it here again. Very important is to set up a path in Real APK Leecher, where the apks are downloaded to, and where you will find them again!

So after installing everything, just download the apks to your hard disk. Choose this Path in ADB Batch Installer (enable wireless ADB in Tool and on your Coby if you want to) and let it install the apks to your Coby. Thats all :)

Note: You can keep your apks updated via APK Leecher, if they can't be updated via play store. Let Real APK Leecher scan the APK- Folder and it informs you of new Versions of this Apps. Then install them via Batch APK Installer again.

Note: Personally i prefer wireless ADB, USB- Debugging had too many interruptions on my system so that the installing progress failed.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Even if you got Google Play working on your Coby Device, you will notice, that you can't install some Apps because they aren't compatible with your Device. This Guide may help you to install that Apps with some helpflull tools.

ATTENTION: This Workaround doesn't make the Apps work on your Coby in any way. If it really doesnt mach the requiered specifications, the installed Apps won't work. It only bypasses the compatibility checks in google play and during the installation. So it's not granted that the Apps will actually work on your System!

Requirements:
1. A Windows PC (XP/Vista/7) with JAVA installed
2. Debugging activated on your Coby (GB: Settings->Applications->Development; JB: Settings->Development)
3. Real APK Leecher
4. APK Batch Installer

Optional:

1. Android Device which is already registered with google play store
2. A USB Cable for connecting your Coby to your PC (not needed when used wireless ADB)
3. For Wireless ADB a Tool like ADB Konnekt installed on your Coby

So lets get started:

Download and Install the Tools from above. As installation and configuring is explained in the linked Threads, i won't explain it here again. Very important is to set up a path in Real APK Leecher, where the apks are downloaded to, and where you will find them again!

So after installing everything, just download the apks to your hard disk. Choose this Path in ADB Batch Installer (enable wireless ADB in Tool and on your Coby if you want to) and let it install the apks to your Coby. Thats all :)

Note: You can keep your apks updated via APK Leecher, if they can't be updated via play store. Let Real APK Leecher scan the APK- Folder and it informs you of new Versions of this Apps. Then install them via Batch APK Installer again.

Note: Personally i prefer wireless ADB, USB- Debugging had too many interruptions on my system so that the installing progress failed.

I have no problem finding apps, aren't compatible with your Device means you haven't made the correct adjustments to your coby, but if this method works for you good for you.

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
I have no problem finding apps, aren't compatible with your Device means you haven't made the correct adjustments to your coby, but if this method works for you good for you.

Yeah maybe, i tried painterballeralex's fixed jelly bean but i still had a lot of incompatible apps. And if i tried to edit my build.prop to a compatible device, the coby was stuck on boot. So this way i was at least able to install my desired apps.