Working SD slot?

HMishkoff

Jul 10, 2011
Does anyone have a Thrive with a working SD slot? Mine's not working, but I suspect my SD card -- but before I go out and buy a new card, I just wanted to make sure that other people have been able to get the slot to work. Thanks!

dnargsiefil

Jul 11, 2011
just tested my SD card slot and it works fine. I have a 16GB card in my camera and plugged it into the Thrive, no issues reading from the SD card, did not have to do anything.

Jakesaturn

Jul 11, 2011
I had this issue as well , the user guide says it need to be formatted in FAT32 ... I bet that is you issues.... Although sometimes when I wpuld put the card in the tablet it would not recognize it and then other times it did... Im chalking it up to user error as of now

rockhunter

Jun 8, 2011
I have had a couple sd cards in my Thrive PNY 8 Gb, Sandisk 16 GB and 32 Gb and Wintec mSDHC in an SD adapter all worked fine.

Since the Thrive version of settings "storage" doesn't include any SD card size and used numbers you might want to go to Market and get an app called SD Tools or a one like it to let you check amount of space that remains free.

rockhunter

Last edited:

Dart

May 2, 2011
My SD card slot works on and off. Not sure why, but I can usually get it to work by pulling it out and pushing the card back in. Not sure what is causing this.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
It works great on mine, how do you know it doesn't work? Do you get the SD card icon in your statusbar next to your notificstions?

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Great! I've had that problem, actually. I bought a 32 gig card online for my phone, and it worked for a few months before it literally stopped working, I'm guessing it got corrupt somehow and it wouldn't even format anymore.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Any SD card will work, the best deal would be a 4 speed card, since what we do with a Tablet doesn't require the faster cards. Those expensive 10 speed cards are mainly needed for camera to get ready for the next photo faster.

Don

TannimKyraxx

Aug 8, 2011
mine works i did have it not reconize it once yesterday(btw i only got it yesterday) but i rebooted and it worked fine after that

TannimKyraxx

Aug 8, 2011
I had this issue as well , the user guide says it need to be formatted in FAT32 ... I bet that is you issues.... Although sometimes when I wpuld put the card in the tablet it would not recognize it and then other times it did... Im chalking it up to user error as of now
Thank yo very much i think you just told me why my external hd wasnt working iwas starting to worry
d