Write into external sd card

khaleel5000

Jan 18, 2012
Hi, i have bought ainol novo 7 elf.. i am a noob.

Specs: ainol novo elf 7 tablet A10 processor. it has android market. (google play )
ICS 4.0.3, kernel version 3.0

it came with some chinese apps etc (if that helps identifying which rom it was, i believe it was factory rom)

I ask torrents to download in my sd card, it says error , permission denied .
EXT CARD SIZE: 2 gig only. manufactuer says tab supports upto 32 gig card...card wroks fine on my nokia x2-00 phone

Investigation:

1)i tried creating directory in using File manager...it did, ...it didnt show option of deleting / pasteing something.
so i used es file explorer........when I asked it to delete that empty directory i created , it said error permission denied.

2)i try to paste something, it fails.
3)i try to delete something it fail.

So,
FORMATTED the memory card (via pc...connected it as usb, formatted, ejected bla bla ), TRY TO PASTE SOMETHING via tablet, it fails :(

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi, i have bought ainol novo 7 elf.. i am a noob.

Specs: ainol novo elf 7 tablet A10 processor. it has android market. (google play )
ICS 4.0.3, kernel version 3.0

it came with some chinese apps etc (if that helps identifying which rom it was, i believe it was factory rom)

I ask torrents to download in my sd card, it says error , permission denied .
EXT CARD SIZE: 2 gig only. manufactuer says tab supports upto 32 gig card...card wroks fine on my nokia x2-00

.......... TRY TO PASTE SOMETHING via tablet, it fails :(

Take it back and get a new one. there must be a probblem with your tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's very possible you have a bad SD card as there are plenty of knock-off cards floating around that aren't very reliable. They may work in one device but not another. I didn't see where you said what the actual card size was or the manufacturer but I would want to confirm the card is good. Try reformatting it in a PC is an option.

You can also download this app Download H2testw - Test hacked flash memory - MyMPx to test the card.

grynchoid

Mar 30, 2012
communications/management/editing of external sdhc cards in general seems to be a global problem with ICS are there any prospects of android coming up with an update that adresses this problem comprehensively ?

grynchoid

Mar 30, 2012
something that worked to correct my coby 7042 labeling my just purchased, just inserted sdhc as (senior moment here,i can't remember the exact word, but) corrupted was to leave the card inserted, and hold down the reset button for 3 seconds. i didn't lose any data , and when the tablet restarted it corrected itself ,saying "ext sdcard mounted". that's how it worked in my case,i don't know if it will work the same for you.

araziforum

May 26, 2012
I'm registered for answer this Thread. I hope it will helps you. I make it for my EKEN T02 tablet. It works.

Here's a workaround/fix:

-Use a root explorer to edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml

-Find this section Code:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

-Add this Code:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

-Save and reboot

This process not needs root. I use 2 different file manager. You can find in google play store
1- For opening "
platform.xml" use Solid Explorer
2- For editing "
platform.xml" use File Explorer HD donot use solid explorers text manager

If any problem appears end of this process, try to reset factory reset.

Note: This process not makes any damage in your tablet but all of this process under your responsibilty.