www.androidtabletspcs.com Fake substitutions.

edibill

Oct 14, 2011
I ordered a Zenithink ZT-280 C91 10.2" Android 2.2 Capacitive CORTEX A9 1GHz 512MB DDR WIFI Camera through this place.
Android tablet for sale (androidtabletspcs)They seem to have a ton of sister sites. chinatabletspcs is certainly one of them.
When I viewed the payment information on my credit card about
an hour later and noticed the payment was made to AIKETOUZI
I did a quick google and saw that name was associated with a ton of rip-off
reports, so I immediately canceled the order by sending a message
throught their website and did a charge-back on my credit card stating
my fear of being scammed. They agreed and gave my money back.

Well,about 3 days ago, the tablet arrived anyway, and it is
fake as hell. Barely works, lags, etc. No apps. No Andriod market
place app. The internal memory shows 2 gb. The wi-fi loses signal
20 ft from the router. Its a weak POS. Fully charged battery lasted
40 minutes just doing set-up stuff. No video or web browsing.

After working with it a few days and adding a 16gb sdhc card, it will play angry birds smoothly. I can watch
youtube videos and I found a netflix app that works. When it does work, it runs smoothly and the videos are
decent quality. The speakers are pretty good for a tablet. The battery issue
pretty much makes this tablet useless. A full charge lasts less than 45 minutes.
Bummer.

Anyone know how to tell capacitive screens from resistance screens?

Here are their email reponses to my complaints. The admit they didn't send the tablet I ordered. What a SCAM
They come from starzmart.com
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contactting us.

The tablet is made in China, with high quality and good performance. Could you please have a try, it will not let you down.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact with us.

Kelly

Could you please kindly accept partial refund of $50, and keep the Tablet? It do comes with high quality, you can have a try.

Customer Service

It will cost you a lot about the postage and a long time for us to get it. Besides, the price is so favorable. So we strongly suggest you to keep it and accept our partial refund.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Last edited:

k3nt

Nov 9, 2011
I just cancelled my order from starzmart.com as a result of your posting. My VISA representative suggested I cancel first and get some sort of paper trail going before they would charge back. She assured me they would charge back.
We shall see.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The easiest way to tell the difference between a capacitive and resisting screen is to use your finger and a glove. If it responds to your touch when your hand is gloved, it is resistive, if it does not, it is capacitive.

Dr_Phill

Nov 13, 2011
Beware of these websites they are all one business.

Wholesale - Wholesale Electronics & Accessories - Consumer Electronics supplier
Android tablet for sale
Buy Reliable China Brands Android Tablet PCs
cheaptabletpcs.com

People that have ordered from any of these, please check your item carefully as you may well find it is fake.
I ordred a zenithink zt-280 c91 from them about 2 months ago, firstly they took ages to give me a tracking number.
I had to go right through with a paypal claim before i got anything but an automated response.

When the item finally arrived everything was fine until i tried to use the market which didn't work
so i downloaded the zenithink 2.3 update and went to update the firmware from 2.21 (which has wifi issues aswell)
when i went to follow the instructions i knew i'd been conned as soon i realised there was no camera button to hold down with the power button...

I looked online and found that the tablet is a MID M110, a clone of the zenithink.
It has the same cpu/gpu etc, it has the occasional freeze and the wifi hates most acess points and refuses to see them and drops constantly (it worked perfectly all day long on a ruckus AP)
But overall it actually performs well, has good sound, poor viewing angles but good quality screen - very good response time for video etc, very smooth. Fairly good 3d performance with a single core Mali-400 GPU

I am unable to find any support for the MID M110 so who knows if it will ever get an update to 2.3 which would hopefully fix the wifi issues, no market is a pain too.
There is a firmware update you can do that fixes the market on some chinese tablets, but i dont want to brick it as i've nothing to fall back on firmware wise. Anyone know if theres a way to pull the current firmware off a tablet so you can re flash if the new ones fails?

So for now im still harrasing the site regarding firmware updates, but they never answer my questions,
they are always so sorry and will get back to you.

Paypal approved a full refund since it was a scam but i have to send the tablet back at my own expense.
They have also promised me an $80 refund if i keep it.
I live in NZ so dont really want to have to pay postage back.
At the moment they are trying to trick me into ending the paypal dispute 'so they can refund me the $80' lol

Perhaps we could start a thread somewhere for MID M110 support. I bet a lot of us are stuck with these things so we might as well make them work better. Also for anyone that has one, if firmware ever is released it will probably appear in the firmware section at Buy Chinese Mobile Phones, Android Tablet & Apple Ipad, Car DVD Player as they sell the MID M110 as itself.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
beginning to think Ebellking.com are of the same suspect bunch too. thier C91 has bluetooth, original doesnt. Can trading standards not deal with these people?

J

jimbo7630

Trading Standards' stock answer is "We can only deal with complaints against UK companies"

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
Hi,
I am now beginning to panic, I ordered a Zenithink ZT-280 C91https://www.androidtabletspcs.com/Z...ve-CORTEX-A9-1GMHz-512MB-DDR-WIFI-Camera.Html from Ebellking.com! I ordered on the 12th Jan 2012, was sent an email on 16th Jan 2012 from PayPal to say my item had been posted! I now have serious doubts about this company, after looking on the Zenithink website as you guys say the original does not have bluetooth, Ebellking's states their as having bluetooth, I suppose it serves me right for not doing more research, I went with them as it was listed on their site they have a UK address (Yeah Right!!) does not exsist, checked it on RM website and Google maps :(
Still not received my tablet, getting loads of fob off emails asking me to be patient, now wondering if I should start a dispute with PayPal as still the so called DHL tracking number is not on the DHL website!
I think anyone considering Ebellking should approach with extreme caution :( Zenithink ZT-280 C91

Last edited by a moderator:

dell

Jan 19, 2012
Jeez! just noticed that the forum software refused the link to ebellking, now I know i have been robbed... damn these people!!

amd4dawin

Jan 24, 2012
I'm rather interested in getting a C91 ZT-280, but obviously I want to be sure I get a real one and not a fake.

I can get a real one from zenithink.us of course, but at $250 its the most expensive I've seen. I've heard good things about McBub.com and its only $210 there with reasonable shipping. I've also seen it here on ebay for $210 from a US seller with good reviews.

What worries me is that the McBub tablet and ebay tablet feature different logos on the back of the case. The ebay features various FCC compliance logos while the McBub tablet features a logo that says "internet and entertainment device" with the android logo. Which one is real? Either? Both? Why are the case backs different? Where should I buy one that WILL be real from a reputable seller?

Finally, on a side note, is this tablet wifi b/g or b/g/n, as I've heard website quote both standards? If it is b/g, the hows the connectivity based on user experience (only for those with real tablets please). Thanks

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
I initiated a claim with PayPal as an item not received, this suddenly prompted the company to respond! The item is apparantly awaiting customs clearance!!!! I also commented that I thought the Zenithink ZT-280 C91 was a fake, he assured me they are totally Genuine, (Yeah Right!) How come then on the Zenithink website it states no Bluetooth but Ebellking's state has Bluetooth, right now the term "Jackanory" comes to mind :mad:
So for now just playing it by ear.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
I initiated a claim with PayPal as an item not received, this suddenly prompted the company to respond! The item is apparantly awaiting customs clearance!!!! I also commented that I thought the Zenithink ZT-280 C91 was a fake, he assured me they are totally Genuine, (Yeah Right!) How come then on the Zenithink website it states no Bluetooth but Ebellking's state has Bluetooth, right now the term "Jackanory" comes to mind :mad:
So for now just playing it by ear.

I am thinking our tabs are on the same ship lol.... if at all!!

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
Think you're right there! Lol

Have decided unless the tab is released by customs by Friday 27th Jan I will be moving my PayPal dispute up to a 'Claim'! Especially after today this so called Eric emailed me to say that it was waiting to be released by customs.

dell

Jan 19, 2012
Think you're right there! Lol

Have decided unless the tab is released by customs by Friday 27th Jan I will be moving my PayPal dispute up to a 'Claim'! Especially after today this so called Eric emailed me to say that it was waiting to be released by customs.

Was told mine is sat in their UK office and mine was supposedly posted long after yours!! Ask them if you can have the one meant for me as I have been refunded lol!! they are so full of it!!

Dustysue

Jan 23, 2012
An update guys, had another email from "Eric" exactly the same as yesterday saying it is in the "The International Hub" awaiting clearance!!!!!!:mad:
So unless it's on it's way to me by tomorrow, I am escalating PayPal to a "Claim"! Enough is enough now!!!!! :mad:

PLEASE everyone Avoid EBELLKING!!!!!!!!