XGODY tablet help! Launcher has stopped

lottyh

Oct 24, 2015
Hi Guys
I wonder if one of you knowledgeable people can help! my dad bought my little girl a XGODY tablet model T73Q. It's only a small one. She's had it a week and loves it - tonight however it has stopped working and the message 'Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped.' is showing on the screen. I have tried pressing ok but it just keeps coming back up and there are no other buttons/icons available on the screen. I can't access the settings and none of her apps are appearing either. I have tried doing a reset by pressing the volume key (have tried up and down) together with the power key but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? she'll be so upset in the morning if it's not mended!! Thanks in advance!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You didn't say if you have been able to shut down or restart.

lottyh

Oct 24, 2015
Hi - the only option I have when I press the power button is to power off - there is no restart option.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Well, if you have powered off and back on, that would be the best first suggestion. If you hold the power button for an extended period it "should" restart.

lottyh

Oct 24, 2015
Thanks for your reply - I have tried that too. I think it's just totally kaput. I have held my finger down on the power button for over 2 minutes and it just boots up normally and brings up the error message. :(