xLoud Engine for Vizio VTAB1008 [Root Needed]

rockingdo

Feb 23, 2012
This is the same engine found in latest SE Xperia series phones.
Improves the sound quality while playing games,watching movie, etc.
best seen on full loudness. It also increases maximum Volume. It will increase quality even at Full Loudness.

Please thank me, if I helped you.

It's A Post-Processing Engine, so you can view the improvements only on your tablet's speaker.

TESTED AND WORKING!
-Download this for CWM Recovery users and flash it xLoud CWM VTAB1008 (Fixed)
-Download this for those who are doing it manually (Instructions for Manually below) xLoud VTAB 1008 Manual

1.Add these lines to build.prop at the last (Use ES File Explorer, Go to settings and enable all the root options) (located at: /system/build.prop)

# xLoud Engine
ro.semc.sound_effects_enabled=true
ro.semc.xloud.supported=true
persist.service.xloud.enable=1
2.Download the zip file and put all the files in it in /system (correspond the files with the folder in the zip)
3.Reboot and xLoud will automatically start at every boot without causing any decrease in performance.

If you want xLoud with Bravia Engine then if you use CWM way then do Step 1 after flashing xLoud or if you do the manual way just add the build.prop lines for xLoud and Bravia Engine one after the other.

Bravia Engine:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...bravia-engine-vizio-vtab1008-root-needed.html
xLoud Engine:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vizio-tablets/34791-xloud-engine-vizio-vtab1008-root-needed.html

Last edited:

bkaler

Oct 13, 2011
Awesome work, the speakers always seemed way too low (especially when a nook color is louder) - I combined this with Volume+ (paid app) and it's actually very audible now during times where I would be forced to use headphones otherwise (washing machine going, etc)

2THEXTRM

Jan 4, 2012
Installed zip via CWM, noticeable increase in volume that I knew the vtab was capable of without distortion. Cool, Nice find!

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Works, but only the manual installation procedure, the update.zip does nothing. I guess you try to mount the system partirion the standard cwm way which does not work on the vtab. You need to do the runprogram trick provided in the cwm thread by rprr. Also you can add lines to the build.prop using a script, this way you wont break other tweaks like bravia engine.

Code:
 run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Last edited:

rockingdo

Feb 23, 2012
@fadefx Thanks, I forgot that. Fixed the CWM zip.

Last edited:

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Did u test it? Also u can set permissions from the script...

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

serosis

Jan 15, 2012
Tried this and bricked my vtab. Returned it for cash then bought the Galaxy Tab and have yet to be disappointed. Now as advice to the dude who came up with this, you need more detail in your installation process.

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
Tried this and bricked my vtab. Returned it for cash then bought the Galaxy Tab and have yet to be disappointed. Now as advice to the dude who came up with this, you need more detail in your installation process.

Funny i didnt brick installed fine here. Did it manually.

Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa

serosis

Jan 15, 2012
I'm just throwing it out there that it's possible. After having the galaxy tab for a few days I'm happy the vizio bricked.
The only thing that comes close to me missing a feature is the hardware back, home, and menu touch buttons.

It's very possible I copied the xLoud files incorrectly, I only went through with it because I thought it would fix the loudness compression crap.
My ears are my ears and I will damage them however I want.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm just throwing it out there that it's possible. After having the galaxy tab for a few days I'm happy the vizio bricked.
The only thing that comes close to me missing a feature is the hardware back, home, and menu touch buttons.

It's very possible I copied the xLoud files incorrectly, I only went through with it because I thought it would fix the loudness compression crap.
My ears are my ears and I will damage them however I want.

Well it sounds like you are happier overall. Not sure what happened but it may have been possible to fix the VTab with some effort. In any case you will probably be happy to know that the new Honeycomb update for the VTab removed the use of the back, home and menu buttons and they are now on screen only. So no loss there really. Which Galaxy Tab did you get?

serosis

Jan 15, 2012
Well it sounds like you are happier overall. Not sure what happened but it may have been possible to fix the VTab with some effort. In any case you will probably be happy to know that the new Honeycomb update for the VTab removed the use of the back, home and menu buttons and they are now on screen only. So no loss there really. Which Galaxy Tab did you get?
I got the 10.1 wifi model that was on sale at Costco.
I guess one other thing I miss is being able to extend the memory via microsd.
I bought a 32 GB card a week before I bricked the vtab.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is a nice tablet but I didn't realize they don't have and sd card port. Big bummer. The cards come in handy though so I'm sure you'll end up finding a use for it.

serosis

Jan 15, 2012
That is a nice tablet but I didn't realize they don't have and sd card port. Big bummer. The cards come in handy though so I'm sure you'll end up finding a use for it.

I'll probably trade in for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 whenever that comes out, I heard that has support for microsd.
Plus ICS right off the bat. Probably won't even feel the need to root it.