YAHICRMNC (Yet another Help! I can't recover my Nook Color) BLUE DOT version 1.2

Shalimartian

Aug 25, 2011
Hi, I'm a noobie here, but I was so pleased with results of rooting my own Nook Color v 1.1 I bought one for my wife. I at first didn't notice the blue dot on the back of the box. It also had 1.2 installed, and when my root failed I assumed that to be the problem.

Now I have confirmed by reading feedback that you have to flash a different clockwork .img file to go back to stock, and I have done so, getting past the "can't format data" glitch the other clockwork .imgs gave. But I still can't get any of the other software restores, for 1.1, or 1.2, or restore 1.1 upgrade to 1.2 paths to provide a functional Nook. One version simply refused to load from the zip file on the SD card.

It would appear that the Blue Dot version of the Nook is different enough that it requires a Blue Dot specific version of the software to be fully functional, but that could be the wrong conclusion to draw. Does anybody out there have any experience in fixing the Blue Dot version of Nook? I would greatly appreciate any insight in this that would give my machine back. Thanks!