Yet another case option...

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
i would recommend taking a look at Steve's stuff. He has some new cases for the iconia, and while i haven't seen any of that i can say that his cases for the G-Tablet are the best i have seen. i own a couple different ones. He is a frequent contributor here.

electronicCrap, Accessories for Android Tablets and Phones

Wow...those look like some real options. I can't tell if the have all of the cutouts needed (for latch for microSD, for example).

$stitch4.jpg

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I have one almost like it but I use the Acer case because I like to fold my case out of the way when I'm reading. For what it isn't, the Acer's binding appears strong enough for that (plus the kickstand...) As soon as I find something more substantial with the same abilities, I'm on it.

dhornick

May 12, 2011
I own this one...works fine for what it is, but I really would like a kickstand case!

might work fine but some of those pictures are clearly showing another device in the case and not the a500. no big deal but i wonder how often this happens on amazon... lazy suppliers

tile00

Jun 17, 2011
that ebay case is over 100 now and i'm one of them. this is the best case available that i could find. looks good, uses a 1 piece plastic frame inside the case that doesn't add bulk and makes it seem like it floats in the case, and seems to be made very well. i can't stand the all leather 'pouch' or 'slot' type cases and the cases with the elastic bands on the four corners doesn't look like it will hold the tablet for very long before it stretches beyond use. i couldn't be happier with this and its reasonably priced. NICE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170653206729

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It's Ebay, so take it for what it's worth ...

It looks promising ... even though there's only been "1 sold".

Black Executive Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet + Bonus! | eBay

This case now has many great reviews. Looking at it for the first time, I noticed that it's the ONLY one that I can think of that has SD card access.

Edit: just noticed that tile is one of the endorsers. Good to see from someone on here.
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Tile00, with the plastic holders on that case, are they likely to scratch the tablet or is three something the for protection?

tile00

Jun 17, 2011
Tile00, with the plastic holders on that case, are they likely to scratch the tablet or is three something the for protection?

hi. no, the plastic frame has soft touch or that silicone paint on it so it won't/shouldn't scratch the tablet finish. also a pleasant surprise that i didn't think of when i was buying is this case has cut outs for the 2 speakers when in use (meaning up in the stand) but is covered when not in use. some of the other cases i shopped for either covers them permanently or they are open permanantly. i don't like the open permanently as dirt and gunk gets in them over time and it also looks weird with three open holes (including the camera). between the two, i'd probably go closed permanently but this one is the ideal compromise. nice touch...

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Yeah, I knew about the speaker covers (which I think is cool!) I'm sold. Nothing else out there quite does it for me yet...