You Tube App Deleted by mistake. How can I restore it?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I just rooted my NC yesterday and as I was trying out different apps I found that the YouTube app wasn't working. Everytime I tried to launch it it just stayed on the home screen. In any case as I was managing my apps I accidentally deleted the YouTube app. I expected that it was perm ant so didnt think this was to bad. But to my surprise it is completely gone.

Any idea how I can restore the app? It is not available in the market. And the version on Appplanet will not install. Any ideas appreciated.

kahtana

Apr 5, 2011
Naturally having purchased a nook color yesterday I discovered the possibility of rooting it the first night. I had to wait impatiently all day till the end of work to get a micro sd card. I had a more updated nook than my instructions so I screwed it up first. Fortunately I figured that out and did it again and made it work. Then I ran into the same youtube works it doesn't work problem mentioned here. Rather than yanking the sd card again, I just looked up this article on the nook browser and downloaded and reinstalled straight from the post. Thank you so much for putting the necessary file right here!

cingoz3

Sep 11, 2011
I also deleted my youtube on the nook by accident. I downloaded the api on the nook and when i try to install it i get this message " install blocked, installation of download apks is not supported." I tried to look through the superuser settings and see if there is something that I can change, but couldn't find anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance =)

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I also deleted my youtube on the nook by accident. I downloaded the api on the nook and when i try to install it i get this message " install blocked, installation of download apks is not supported." I tried to look through the superuser settings and see if there is something that I can change, but couldn't find anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance =)

You need to go into the regular settings area, tap applications, and make sure "downloads from unknown sources" is checked.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
is there any way to put the youtube app on the main screen let me know please

Long press the app in the app drawer and then it will let you place it on any of your home screens (assuming you are using a home launcher other than B&N).