Your thoughts on the ePad 2 Android 2.2 (512MB RAM), 1GHz 10" tablet

ezreider

Apr 9, 2011
Qluless...Looks like you've been doing very well with this pad. Just got mine this week and can't seem to find a way to kill the phone apk without rooting the Epad 2 (ZT-180). I'm still a newbie on android and this 2.2 tablet but was curious if you knew of an apk killer program to shut off the phone (which obviously has no purpose on this machine) so that 80% of the battery usage doesn't go to running the "phone". I'll give your flash installer a try. It wouldn't install from the download folder. Also, have you been able to get the full size USB port to work? Thanks for all your help. AOSP 20110312

Chucant

Oct 11, 2010
I received my ZT - 180 and charged it all day as requested.. I turned it on and all seems ok. However, the challenge I am getting is that it keeps hanging and I have to do a Reset all the time. Kindly let me know how to resolve this and also if there are some things I need to do to make the tablet work correctly and easily.
Thanks

qluless

Apr 7, 2011
Hey All!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that I could offer assistance to you guys! I've been using my ePad for about 2 weeks now. It's been going well needless to say.. I'm satisfied with it, have had a couple of freezes while working on office pro BUT amazingly this tablet has document recovery, that's great! I've completely set it up to my life and I highly recommend Gtunes if you are having problems with not being able to shut down the stock music player.

@ezreider - so I've been having the same issue. I've been looking for an app that shuts down that cell standby which I to discovered. It's been a bit challanging, no app is able to bring the tablet into "airplane mode". I'm off to search the internet and will post the results that I find when something works, should take me a couple of days because I'm busy with various projects but we will find a solution! We may need to upgrade to 3.0 but lets see if we can avoid that for now.

@Chucant - what exactly do you mean by hanging? Are you having problems shutting it down or does it keep freezing on ya? Have you downloaded any programs just yet? Advanced Task Manager (not task killer) is a great app shutdown program. It's good to keep an eye on it when you notice your battery dying. Shut down programs and services that you aren't using and you will notice the memory and battery life improving. This may help with the freezing/hang time. Services usually drain your tablet.

I'm hoping that the 3.0 upgrade may actually take care of alot of these issues considering that it's a build primarily for tablets.

Back soon!

soltner59

Apr 24, 2011
How is the touchscreen functioning? I bought an Arnova and had to return it, the touchscreen was driving me crazy. Would not scroll very well and it would click on links that I did not like. I even tried using a pointer. I'm interested in the model ZT180.

revcb

Apr 27, 2011
@ezreider: When I killed the phone, it screwed up the tablet. I had to restart it.

To root your tablet, search for and download an app called "universal androot". You should find directions on how to use it on the page you download it from. As I remember, you have to delete the app "superuser" if its on your tablet (mine came with it installed on the tablet) before running universal androot. Its really easy to do. Then I would get and install Gemini App Manager from market. Best app manager out there IMHO. You can control every aspect of your apps, including autorun (programs that run automatically). It was when I stopped the phone and dialer apps from autorunning that my tablet lost connectivity. Now I just leave it installed but not engaged. You can stop the phone app from engaging in settings.

revcb

Apr 27, 2011
I'm hoping that the 3.0 upgrade may actually take care of alot of these issues considering that it's a build primarily for tablets.

Unfortunately, even the Gen. 2 zt180's in all likleyhood will be unable to run 3.0. They are quite simply just too under-powered.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
anyone know if the v2's are two-point touch (aka pinch zoom aka FAKE multi touch) or if they are only one point touch or not?

Maggym57

Jun 10, 2011
the manmual I retrieved from under the foam tray is 10 small pages which tell you basically where to turn on/off, where usb cable and charger plug in, but not much else. I've just kinda been pokin around. I have an epad android 2.2 tablet. would like an owners manual tho.......any suggestions??

yesbox07

Jun 21, 2011
I have a epad Zt 180 with android 2.2. I have a problem with the wifi. At home it works but at work it is not connecting. I have read in other forums that this was an problem since long. Can I do anything to get it to work on all nets?​

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
How is the touchscreen functioning? I bought an Arnova and had to return it, the touchscreen was driving me crazy. Would not scroll very well and it would click on links that I did not like. I even tried using a pointer. I'm interested in the model ZT180.

The Resistive touch screen is remarkably responsive. Though it is only one point touch, thats the only draw back.