ZEKI TB782B 7" Tablet

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
Well, I got frustrated enough with my Next7PS tablet that I took it back and replaced it with the Zeki TB782B tablet which I got a Sears for $119.

This tablet is VERY NICE!! It is rooted out of the box, has a full glass face (edge to edge) and a built in front facing camera, which looks REALLY REALLY GOOD, especially compared to the NEXT7PS' built in camera, which looks like CRAP!

The first thing I did was install the Google Apps (Play) and also Superuser. All went without a hitch.

The 1GB of ram really makes a hell of a difference compared to the Polaroid 701i and NEXT7PS tablets. And yes, I still have my 701i. It will be hard to part with.

Here are the specs:

• 7" TFT LCD display
  • Capacitive touchscreen
  • 4.0.3 Android Operating System
  • 1 GHz Processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 800 x 480 native resolution
  • Built-in WiFi
  • G-Sensor
  • Front Facing Camera
  • Digital video: MOV, MKV, AVI, RM, RMVB, FLV, WMV, MP4, VOB
  • Digital audio: MP3, WMA (non-DRM), WAV
  • eBooks: PDF, EPUB
  • Expandable memory
  • 8GB installed flash memory
  • Built-in speaker
  • Micro-SD memory card reader: supports JPEG, MP3
  • Mini-USB port for battery recharge
  • A dedicated non-USB battery recharge port
  • Mini-HDMI output (1080p)
  • Battery life: ~3 hours
  • DC battery power: 2800 mAH battery
  • DC battery power: built-in rechargeable battery

The unit is feels very solid, but with the full glass front, I would not want to drop it!!!!

and....it is ADB friendly under Linux. Yay!!

Both Sears and Kmart have this unit, but only Sears has it on sale right now. The Kmart price is $139, but if they do price matching, I would say you could get it at either place for the $119 price.

BTW, I have also seen the 10.1" version of this for only $149.

I managed to figure out how to get into recovery by holding down the vol - button, and hitting the reset button. Navigation is done from the volume buttons, and to select you have to use the power button. I am not sure how to get it into flash mode however.

I have pulled all the /dev/block/nanda through nandh devices to my hard drive. They appear to be standard as for A10 Allwinner tablets. Now if I only knew how to turn it all into a flashable ROM.

Here are the basic mount points from a df command:

Filesystem Size Used Free Blksize
/dev 407M 44K 407M 4096
/mnt/asec 407M 0K 407M 4096
/mnt/obb 407M 0K 407M 4096
/system 251M 217M 34M 4096
/data 787M 223M 564M 4096
/cache 251M 5M 246M 4096
/mnt/sdcard 7G 5G 1G 4096
/mnt/secure/asec 7G 5G 1G 4096
/mnt/extsd 6G 220K 6G 4096

I had to change the void.fstab file to swap between extsd and sdcard. But notice it has 6G available of Internal storage.

I would love to get CWM installed on this thing!!

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

LOTT0042

Jun 6, 2012
Hi I just got this tablet yesterday. Very Nice! I installed Google Play but everytime I run it - it stops unexpectedly. I have tried clearing the cache and data, also force stopping it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I downloaded 3.15.19. I also tried just doing the Android Marketplace but they all stop. How did you get it installed and running and what version did you install? Thank You!

THR33IN0N3

Jun 9, 2012
Hi guys, I'm new to Android tablets. I'm looking into getting this tablet. I would like to know if it supports netflix and if so, does it run smooth? Thanks in advance.

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
Hi guys, I'm new to Android tablets. I'm looking into getting this tablet. I would like to know if it supports netflix and if so, does it run smooth? Thanks in advance.

My friend just bought one, and she demonstrated a movie on NetFlix for me, and it looked great. However, I do not subscribe to Netflix myself. It did look great on her tablet however. Same model. I didnt notice any lip syncing issues either. However, the volume could have been louder from the built in speaker, for my ears anyway.

When used with an HDMI connection, the volume should not be an issues, and the HDMI output I HAVE tested with 1080P movies, and it looks GREAT!

Last edited:

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
I took it apart today, and here are the photos.
$DSC03668-2.JPG$DSC03667-2.JPG$DSC03666-2.JPG$DSC03658-2.JPG$DSC03657-2.JPG

Last edited:

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
Thank you so much! Like I said, I'm new to android tablets, do you have any tips or tricks

I am a techie. All my tips and tricks are going to be beyond a beginner. You will get plenty of generic tips by reading this forum. Sorry man. :)

Last edited:

THR33IN0N3

Jun 9, 2012
No prob :). Do you know if it supports flash? If not, is there a way to get it on there. I can do it if you walk me through it lol. Thanks

rster53682

Dec 25, 2010
will it run flash 11,or is it already installed ?
meaning....is it loaded with 10 or 11
thanks....[

bob.sQUOTE=THR33IN0N3;216533]Awesome Thanks![/QUOTE]

Last edited: