ZT-280, C-91 not recognizing upgrade files?

amcnguy

Aug 27, 2012
Hi Everyone, We have a ZT-280, C-91 tablet. According to our tablet specs, we are running...Android version..2.3.4, Kernal version...2.6.34, cpu info...ARMv7. Our model#..zt280102c91m512f8. I went on the Zenithink website, and saw there was an upgrade version to 4.0. This said that it would work on all C-91's. So,I downloaded and unzipped it. Formatted my kingston 8 gb sdhc card, and added those files to the sd card. I held the camara button in while pressing the power button as per instructions. An unusual screen comes on, saying not to touch anything, as the screen is calibrating. Then it just boots into normal operating mode. Like it's not recognizing the sd card, or the files on it. Sorry, as I am very new to these tablets, and Android systems. Any help would be great! Thank you!

gmajnkek

May 6, 2012
Did you do it like its writen on the site? camera button + power. Well maybe you should add this files into your zt-update folder, because thay had some boot problems and this solved it.

Here you go... FILES

amcnguy

Aug 27, 2012
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I added the file that you provided me. It still will not begin updating. So, reading on Slaitdroid...I tryed adding these 4 files....boot update, bat charge, bat low, & boot logo files. Still not recognizing files on sd card.

amcnguy

Aug 27, 2012
Will do, gmanjkek. Ok, now, with a fresh, empty/formatted sd card. i should add the C-91 files which you provided me, and the zenithink android 4.0 files, correct? Should I omit any files from the zt-282 upgrade? Also, should I be adding those files like boot logo,boot update,bat charge,bat low? Thank you so much for your help!

amcnguy

Aug 27, 2012
Hi, Ok..I re-formatted the sd card in fat 32. Added the Android 4.0 files from zenithink. Then also added the C-91 files which gmanjkek provided. Tablet still will not begin the updating mode. I do hold down the camera button while pressing power button. One thing I've noticed about my model # is that it has no 2n,3n, or 4n digits. Would that make any difference? Also, I have tried this on 2 sdhc cards. So, I figure sd cards are ok. Any advise? Thanks!

amcnguy

Aug 27, 2012
Hi, Just realized that the c-91 files included those 4 files which I was asking about. Wow..I'm so confused! Also, still not sure of my model # as in above post. 2n, 3n, 3a? Thanks

androidzt

Sep 3, 2012
Hi

I'm also having the same issue. I have attempted to flash both the Zenithink provided files and also other ROMs, using a correctly formatted SD card however I never manage to enter the recovery mode described in other posts/forums which is required to choose the replacement ROM.

After pressing the camera key & ON button, I get the special ZTPAD update screen, which states it is starting to update. Unfortunatly, it then immediately changes to this message:
System updating start...
Skip recovery

I have tried all the combinations I can think of, including holding down the camera key throughout, holding down the power key, leaving the keys, pressing them alternately etc. but to no avail... Could anyone suggest whether there's something I'm doing wrong???

Answer will be much appreciated, as this is the last problem that needs fixing before this tablet works perfectly!!!

Thanks,

G

Minirick63

May 2, 2012
This may sound strange but the only new ROM update I have gotten to work on my ZT282 is the one from justinthegeek. Its the only one that I have seen go beyond the normal update screen and now my tablet is running at 1ghz and performing quite well. There is a link to his custom ROM in my other thread here titled ...optimum performance...

Hope it helps someone else like it helped me....

Rick

Minirick63

May 2, 2012
Last edited: