ZT-280 vs. Le Pan TC970

Chris2012

Jul 21, 2012
Hello Gang, newb here, first post.

Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of these 2 tablets? I realize they're in different categories. Perhaps someone who started w/a Le Pan then upgraded (?) to a ZT-280 C91. I realize all of the tablets have their problems (my ZT-180 sure does), but I"m wondering should I choose a Le Pan over the newer Zenithink w/the hopes of getting newer Androids to run on it.

Basically is there _any_ reason to choose a Le Pan rather then a Zenithink. Screen quality, speed, etc. And I'm talking about the _first_ Le Pan tablet, not the newer one.

The Zenithink seems to enjoy A LOT of support on this board and others. But it has more then it's share of glitches. Being that Le Pan is actually sold by Sears, Walmart, and Newegg, does that _automatically_ denote a more quality, bug free device?

I kind of have an affection for Zenithink. Again my ZT-180 is buggy as hell in the limited instances I've used it. But it does seem well made. Good screen (reviewers state Le Pan's is excellent though). The 180 seems to have as good a screen as my Toshiba netbook. Can't tell the difference.

If anyone can give me the rundown on the different 280's commonly found on ebay I'd appreciate it. There is a 282 also by the way. What does "upgrade" denote specifically. There seems to be a few different designations, in addition to the newest? 282.

Thanks in advance. I must admit I've caught the bug. And you can get these things very cheap. Who needs a CrackPad anyway!

Last edited:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Basically a ZT282 is the C91 upgrade (1GB) of ram. But its mostly advertised as a ZT280 C91 upgrade

But if you're looking at buying new. The Zenithink website should a new dual core tablet. So depending on the price and release etc might be worth getting that!

Otherwise I think my ZT282 is brilliant for the money. Its overclocked to 1.2ghz and has a custom rom installed which makes it lovely to use over the stock Zenithink software

Chris2012

Jul 21, 2012
Its overclocked to 1.2ghz and has a custom rom installed which makes it lovely to use over the stock Zenithink software

Can you provide details. I imagine there's been discussion of this. I can search that out, no need for that. Just saying in the event you are privy to knowledge and methods that the average person isn't.