After 4.0.3 Update, Video Pauses on A500

Shadefly

Jan 3, 2013
Just after Christmas, my A500 updated to Ice Cream Sandwich (?) 4.0.3, kernal version 2.6.39.4+. i was happy it was faster but now when i play an MP3 it runs for about 3 minutes, then starts pausing. Also, about 20 apps suddenly start on their own. I know its not supposed to matter but i use advanced task killer to clear the memory of apps that loaded themselves and the video gets a little better but only for a short time.

I used 2 different viewers to run the video, Acer media, and the gallery app. I tried to unload apps but now all i can do i disable the ones i dont use. even then, they still load.
So i have several issues:

Apps load randomly and mysteriously (Google+, Google Maps, Socail Jogger, Play store, you tube, Maxthon browser (loaded to see if that is aproblem) Aepio,, etc.)

Video (MP3) runs slow after about 3 minutes, pausing for 1 second every 3 or 4 seconds.

No way to remove apps. even downloaded ones i cannot remove with the play store.

If i need to use a different veiwer how do i set that one as the default?

Any suggestions are welcome. thanks

might have found the problem. the videos are MP4 not MP3. I will try to convert them to AVI or another format. ICS may not like MP4?

It depends what flavor of mp4, if built with h.264 video codec and AAC audio codec, and a bit rate that is reasonable it will play them just fine.

might have found the problem. the videos are MP4 not MP3. I will try to convert them to AVI or another format. ICS may not like MP4?
As long as it is the screen format available. like h264.

Back