can i change my flytouch 6 from AT&T VIMICRO MID

johnboy81

Apr 6, 2012
hi bit of a newbie so please bare with me.
i've recently bought a flytouch 6 and i'm happy with it but i have a problem when trying to download uk related apps i.e bbc iplayer, itv player etc. everything i have tried to install says its not compatible with my device AT&T VIMICRO MID. does anyone know how to get round this problem?
thanks in advance

isf your tab ics? Mine is & I couldn't load iplayer but after a bit of assistance managed to do so by designating a desktop location and altering browser to android . You can try it, maybe it will help. Its alittle slow to load up but plays fine so far.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

thanks for the reply i will definately try it, up to now everything i tried has said not compatible with your device AT&T VIMICRO MID or cannot be downloaded in your country ??

I have the same tablet.
I have set it to TIM/Italy instead of AT&T/USA with Market Unlocker.
The free version should not allow to set the market (Google Play) preferences on boot, i think youhave got to manually set it every time.
I'm using the Pro version, and i'm totally satisfied.
As of today, i'm still using a 2.3 kernel dated 5th December 2011. I installed it in the first place, after other experiments, cause it's the latest firmware with 3G (APN) support. Then i discovered that my Huawei E1800 dongle doesn't work as is, and that i need the USBDONGLE app to access the Internet via 3G. To put it in simple words... i could use any other firmware. Probably i will try a new ICS firmware soon, but for the moment i am too lazy, and i prefer to avoid trying to fix something that's perfectly working (both 3G and Bluetooth dongles work very well, and i have a ton of nice apps installed).

Enjoy your tablet, it's cheap and has a few weak spots, but works better than what i expected!

have fun

CJ

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk 2

Back