Coby 9762

jcm

Feb 25, 2013
Hi all, I bought a Coby Kyros MID 9762 a few days ago. I think it's new, it's not on their website. Does it belong in this forum or it does it deserve a new category (generation 4)?

It likely is an international version of the 9742, which is why it doesn't appear on cobyusa.com. It's not a Generation 4 unit as those units are distinguished from the Generation 3 units by their use of a dual-core processor, although the version of Android hasn't changed.

Hmm... I remember the box said "Dual Core Cortex A9" or something like that. I will have to check, I already gave it to my mom. Edit: I'm confused. I'll also have to check whether the model number is 9762 or 9765.

Last edited:
Yes, I've confirmed the model number is 9762 (not 9765). It's also a dual-core according to the specs.

Nice, this thread has been moved to the Generation 4 section! Here's a quick summary of the pros and cons, specs to follow:
  • PROs:
    • Good construction
    • Nice packaging (cheap tablets often come in crappy boxes)
    • Nice set of accessories (charger, two USB cables, earphones, protective pouch, an actual paper user manual)
    • Decent battery life
    • Decent performance
  • CONs:
    • No Google Play Store (SlideMe installed by default)
    • Touch detection not as good as iPad, swipes sometimes detected as touches (it's still good for the price)
    • Swipe not as responsive as iPad (again, it's not really fair comparing it to the iPad)

Last edited:
Just a question..I am having a hard time finding a way to transfer pictures/videos from an external device (e.g.usb). I can view it in the Gallery page but not letting me find the way to copy it from there even in the file manager page. I hope someone can help me on this. Thanks

Does anyone know what the picture size on a 9765 must be to use it as a wallpaper? My previous tablet was also 9.7 & the size was 1024x1024.

Your help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Let me know how the micro-USB port works. I have a 8065 dual core, android tablet. Speed, WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI work very well. the micro-USB is not so nice. It does connect to a PC, but I have been unable to get it to try to recognize a USB flashdrive, trying 6 different OTG micro-USB-AB to USB cables. Over the weekend I will make an OTG cable, grounding pin 4 to pin 5. If that doesn't work I'll try to determine if there is a bug, with Coby using a micro-USB-B port where there should be a bi-directional micro-USB-AB. Coby support has been no help.

Last edited:
Back