Coby Kyros MID8127 - Touchscreen Does Not Work

C

citizenoutkast

I'm talking about the same Coby MID8127 that I installed the German update on. Since then, the touchscreen doesn't work so I've had to buy a mouse for the tablet. I've tried doing what I could in Fastboot and adb from my computer, but nothing works.

I download a .zip file that is 4.1.1. from another thread. It is full of folders and a boot.img file. It's supposedly Jelly Bean and found here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...lly-bean-stock-lite-mid8127-rooted-gapps.html.

I just bought a SDcard for this tablet as it didn't have one before. My wi-fi no longer works on this messed up update and I'm about to toss this thing if I can't get it to do anything.

I'm not a computer n00b but I am a tablet one. I do NOT know what to do with the .zip file as everything I read talks about doing a recovery but it's not from a .zip. The one time I was able to get into some kind of menu option before the OS loaded, I could only move up and down and not select anything. In computer terms, I need to wipe this thing and reinstall the OS. Could someone please give me a link to do so or explain how this is supposed to work? I'm able to do things like reboot it using Fastboot on my Win7 system, but I don't have the experience to do much else. I've found nothing at all that tells me what to do with a .zip file containing the OS. (That's my assumption of what that file is.)

So please, spare me from having to buy a Kindle if you would and lend a po' boy a hand here. I'd very much appreciate it.

I'm in the same situation as above. Upgraded Coby MID8127 using German 4.1.1 from Coby German site Consumer Entertainment Products for Home, Office or On the Go! | COBY
Now:
1. Tablet is in German
2. (worst) Touch is messed up

Looking at #2 it is clear that touch works, but it is not calibrated. It treats like screen is rotated, so touch works in different directions. E.g. if move stylus up-down, the screen slides left-right etc. Does anyone know if it can be calibrated or fixed? Any help would be kindly appreciated.

I believe I can help with the language problem. Go to Einstellung -> Sprache und Engabe and select the language preferred. That should reset all text to the chosen language.

Back