Deleting downloads

jprevost

Jun 22, 2013
Downloaded a video in a format that won't play on my tablet. Now I can't delete it. When I view Downloads it says there are none. Yet when I view the storage specs in my Settings it shows there is a huge file (same size as that particular video) in downloads. What to do, what to do?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Use a file manager like ES File Explorer, File Manager HD, Astro, or something similar.

Go to the /sdcard/Download/ directory. Locate the file and delete it with the file manager.

Thanks! Worked like a charm! I have always been a Mac & XP user so I can't really imagine why anyone would make an OS without the most basic functions. Would you happen to have a link for a user manual for Android 4? I have searched in vain so far.

Thanks! Worked like a charm! I have always been a Mac & XP user so I can't really imagine why anyone would make an OS without the most basic functions. Would you happen to have a link for a user manual for Android 4? I have searched in vain so far.

There is not much of a manual for Android unfortunately. However, over at a sister forum for Asus tablets we have a nice "Master Help Guide" thread that should get you acquainted with the OS. Have a look through those links, most will apply to your tablet even if it is not an Asus one.

Back