Dexter's CyanogenMod7RC1 for A7 Gingerbread 2.3.5 Base Rom

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Once again it is a pleasure using my a7 thanks to dexter.
{Quote from dexter}

I played around with a version of the CyanogenMod7 for tegra2, and now its in a acceptable state, so you can test it too.

I have used the latest Atrix4G 2.3.4 + vega / optimus 2X to put this version together, and its based on the original elocityA7 kernel and includes modules for cifs,nfs,ext3 and ext4 support.
So although its a Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 base, kernel is still just 2.6.32.9 based, so cpu,memory and kernel related optimizations are not here.

CyanogenMod7 offers a lot of customizable features, full multilanguage and latest enhancements found for our android comparing to original stock a7 rom, you get alot more features.

Fixes in Version3 (Cyanogen7RC1ModA7-3)
- Youtube HD video fixed
- VolumeUP/VolumeDown assigned to sound&search buttons
- DSP Manager is now working, it is really to loud for internal speaker if you go full power.
- GoogleTalk app update + crash fix. (still no video working)
- USB_OTG app updated, so changes take effect immediately when you swith HOST/DEVICE mode (used to connect tablet to pc with usb-a2usb-a cable)
- Real 1080p video out with HDMI (not sure how it affect playback, it seeems just upscaled)

What is found not working right now:
- Camera photo & video recording (photo stopped when avi got enabled)
- rotation sensor is 90 wrong (in gameloft games)
- bluetooth

What is working
- Netflix runs out of the box on this one, as i made build.prop changes so it thinks its a Xoom.
- wifi networking
- sdcard , usb host/device and USB stick support.
- all features of CM7
- mkv/avi/wma/wmv hardware acc. video playback (almost seems like more avi is supported than before?)
Cyanogen7RC1ModA7-3.zip
Cyanogen7RC1ModA7OCKernel.zip
hope i am no in any trouble posting my mediafire file link, One rom and one overclock kernel, scaling from 312 to 1408....

Maybe its just me but how does one flash the kernel If I flash the kernel after the rom I have no rom to boot into or so it seems, can you please give some instruction regarding this.

The same way one flash all rom on the A7 naming the file update.zip. my procedure flash rom then kernel i have no issue with mine working..

Back