email issue

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
Looking to set up more than 1 email account. After I got the first one in, I tried to do a second one. I could not pull up a menu to select a second or third email account.

The user manual does not help here.

Any instructions or threads on this issue?

Also it appears that I cannot edit the account once it is generated. Can you go back to change the account info?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

I suggest you consider dumping both Gmail (& gmprovider) plus Android eMail and pick the free K9 Mail from the market. Very flexible & efficient.

--Sent from my Kyros 7015 (Watery v1.2a[mod]) using the Android Tablet Forum App powered by Tapatalk.

Thanks for the response, but now i have other issues with the email.

When the 7015 is turned on, the email function must be accessing the email account.

When I try to access the email from another computer I get a message that I must enter my password, when I enter it it will not except it.

Now when I turn off the MID7015 and try to access the email account from another computer I get a message that the application is in use, try again.

Since I used the 7015 to retrieve email on this account I cant access it from another computer.

I was looking for a way to delete the email account on the 7015, but cannot seem to be able to get into it to delete that info. I cant even find a way to delete the icon.

It was suggested to use K-9 for my email but I want to get rid or delete the factory email function first.

HELP!!!! :-{

larry

Gmail on Eclair Android 2.1 has serious problems. You can only have one account. If you try to add another account the application will crash. I've searched all over for a solution but haven't found any. As for deleting the Gmail account once added, the only way you can do so is a factory reset. There is no other way. It's this way on other Android devices that ship with the Google applications including Gmail.

Thanks whitewiskers, I has discovered that the only way will be to reset to factory defaults. Rather do it it now when I am setting up this device (only had it 4 days now)

I found a workaround for my emails, my provider has a email portal service and I can use that instead of the email option on the 7015.

Still deciding if I want to keep this or go with a Apple I-touch.

Thanks for the info......

Larryb

Thanks for the info on this. My other Android devices are running 2.2+, and when they were running 2.1, I never had the inclination to add multiple email addresses. Kind of a pain to reset it now, that I've got it all customized, but I really need the account settings (email, market, etc.) from the other address on this tablet. Thanks again!

Back