FM Radio dongle?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I know the Nexus 7-2 has no radio receiver, but is there still a way to get FM radio?

I plan to go to a few car races (like Watkins Glen) and they have race commentary on FM radio there. I have an MP3 player with FM radio, but it's another electronic device to carry, and if I can do everything (like alarms to meet friends for lunch, reading race schedules, area maps, etc.) with the tablet, it would be worth the effort.

I have a free app called usatv from google play that has some radio stations.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I like using the TuneIn application during the winter when you're stuck indoors and you can't get out to the places where they play your favourite kind of music, but I don't think there is an application out there that can access WiFi from 5+ miles away of the nearest coffee shop. ;)

It's too bad there is no way to integrate an mP3 player into the case for my tablet.

Thanks guys, but I've pretty much concluded that a radio dongle is pretty much useless with a tablet. You probably want to use some earphones to hear the music, and a cheap MP3 player with FM is so simple and small (it can fit in a shirt pocket or even clip to your shirt/collar) that it wouldn't be a bother to use along with a tablet.

Back