Freezing on wake? - Possible issue with type 2 sd card

Fallen

Jun 26, 2012
New here :).. In all honesty, I walked in to B&N in search of a particular book, Magic of the Recluce (great book by the way.) They didn't have it. Wife who was with me questioned why I don't have a nook with the amount of reading I do. I had never really though of it before as I have a Thinkpad X120e netbook. Fabulous machine, though just a tad big still to be ultra-portable. I also have an iPhone, of course too small for reading. Needless to say, I walked out of the store new nook in hand.

I digress...

Reason for the first post is a general observation. I've recently noticed that every time I try to wake the nook from it timing out, it will freeze with the "wake bar" across the screen, nothing further. Every time requires a reset. I had just thrown in an SD card I had lying around. From what I can tell, the recommended nowadays is type 4, mine was type 2. I've taken the card out since, though it did freeze the exact same way while testing. Though I will say, I think this might have been the cause of my issue. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Hi Fallen welcome to the forum. A micro SD card that is class 4 or higher is definitely recommended. However, if you're still experiencing the problem after removing the card, you should return the tablet.

Congrats and welcome :)

Definitely not normal. Since your Nook Tablet is still new you may want to try a factory reset to see if it clears the problem. Hold both the power and n button until the Nook reboots. Once it reboots you will see the "n" logo appear on the screen. Let go of the buttons 2-3 seconds after this appears. You should then get a factory restore screen press n (home key) to continue and then press the n key again to confirm.

Hopefully that will clear the freezing issue. If not return it for another.

JP

Alrighty. I brought it to the store today. Techy kinda gal there did the factory reset. At which point, the keyboard would not show up for registering no matter what we did. I ended up upgrading to the 16gb model. Found out the 8gb had a 512kb processor, figure I may want to spend a little extra now in case I find I can use it. New one works like a charm :)

Nexus looks good, though considering I wasn't really looking for a tablet... I've still my little x series thinkpad that runs diablo :)

Back