Frys Electronics bundling Nook Tablet and N2A Card

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I just saw this ad and thought I would share it with all of you. Check out the top right corner of the ad below.

335919_353611214711818_1165503607_o.jpg

It is GB 2.3; no ICS yet.
Is the GB on the N2A Card rooted?

It should be or at least have a check box for root access. I haven't looked at what N2A is offering in a while but they had been using CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod was previously rooted by default but I believe they changed this due to a request by Google. Going forward with new versions CyanogenMod will not be rooted by default but can the can be changed by simply checking or unchecking a box on settings.

All that being said, I am pretty sure N2A card are basically standard CyanogenMod 7 set to root access by default.

Actually come to think of it, I believe you had a choice on the N2A website for either CM or MIUI. In any case, you should have root access no matter what you choose.

I particularly like the fact that it's a dual boot mSD. Putting that little card in and out of a Nook is a real pain.

I particularly like the fact that it's a dual boot mSD. Putting that little card in and out of a Nook is a real pain.

You know you can do the same thing to the Nook Color too right?

That's the ultimate plan, but it seems the longer I wait the better my options get. If I wait long enough I'll be able to quadruple boot to stock, CM7, CM9, and Jellybean.:rolleyes: My biggest problem is I'm too happy with my rooted nooted NOOKcolor. It does everything I want it to, and the old, "If it's not broke, don't fix it." thing keeps coming to mind.:cool:

That's a really good price on a 16gb Nook Tablet. --although it is refurbished. Just remember--Fry's is always a miserable experience trying to return anything.

But isn't $49 for a bootable Micro SD root card a bit steep?

Back