GenTouch78 From Amazon.com different hardware version than K-mart GenTouch78?

kero

Nov 15, 2010
Hello,

I got Gentouch78 from Amazon.com about a week ago.
I tried applying the updates based on the stickies of this discussion. I could not make any updates to work.
My gentouch has a standard 3.5MM headphone jack and has the orientation sensor working.
I was wondering if my version is different from K-Mart's gentouch.

Android Version 2.1 Update 1
Kernel version is
hengai@liv-and-ser #214

Build number is
telechips_tcc8900_multi-end 2.1 update 1 ECLAIR eng.hengai.20101001.162734 test-keys

Last edited:
wow, that's different from the K-mart Gentouch78. You have a newer build as well. Are you getting the full 800mhz they advertised too? Here's the informations from my gentouch when you go to Settins About Tablet-PC:

Model Number:
Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US)
Firmware Version:
2.1-update1
Baseband Version:
SimulatedCommands
Kernel Version:
King@localhost #185
Build Number:
telechips_tcc8900_us_eng 2.1-update1 ECLAIR eng.king.20100822.143725 test-keys

Of course, mine has the Lincracker rom. But still, the important thing is it looks like your build is from 10/01. But you should still be able to root it following the instructions here.

I am new to Android OS, so I probably did something wrong there.
How can I find the CPU clock speed?
Any app I have to install?

Thanks!

They've posted on their site that there will be no more updates for the gentouch. I think the OP's machine might be a whole different revision of the hardware (since he claims 3.5mm jack and orientation sensor).

i emailed the vendor on amazon about what size the audio jack was.

after 2 days he emailed me back and told me to check Augens website.

OY

There is an excellent Wiki specifically dedicated to the Augen 78, and as much as I am loathe to send you someplace else, check out http://augendev.wikispaces.com/. They have very complete notes and downloads on rooting, updating and dropping a custom ROM on this device. Lincracker built a custom ROM off the Augen code that is pretty good.

Tipstr also has reposted a lot of the specific information on getting this all done here at http://bit.ly/cPEGWQ

Good luck

Last edited:
Hello,

I got Gentouch78 from Amazon.com about a week ago.
I tried applying the updates based on the stickies of this discussion. I could not make any updates to work.
My gentouch has a standard 3.5MM headphone jack and has the orientation sensor working.
I was wondering if my version is different from K-Mart's gentouch.

Android Version 2.1 Update 1
Kernel version is
hengai@liv-and-ser #214

Build number is
telechips_tcc8900_multi-end 2.1 update 1 ECLAIR eng.hengai.20101001.162734 test-keys

I have same model and installed old patches to try and get market working and now wifi is not working can u please make a copy of ur system folder and or nandroid backup i can use?? please.

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I break any Rules.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I also have the "fixed" version, but i can't install the patches, it just boots normally when i hold the back button. I'm new to android, and my tablets NOT rooted. Thank You

Back