gmail and youtube problems

coase

Mar 27, 2011
I've successfully rooted two different Nook Color tabs for myself and a friend. But recently my Nook Color's been having problems. Gmail doesn't update fully or kicks me out. Same with youtube.

I'm running the Autonooter 3.0 off of stock NC 1.1.

I tried to delete the gmail app or the data, but I can't find the gmail data files using Astro. I tried using a third party gmail app and can work it, but the stock gmail app doesn't work after working properly for a few weeks.

Can someone guide me in this? Am I better off wiping and rerooting?

Thanks for any help.

No need to blow it a ways yet. :)

Try
Open Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Manage Applications (alt menu -filter all) > Gmail app: clear cache
Open Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Manage Applications (alt menu -filter all) > Youtube app: Clear cache

or

If you have:
Titanium Backup > backup/restore > Youtube: wipe data
Titanium Backup > backup/restore > Gmail: wipe data

I think these google apps get a little list and cluttered running on this modified version of android 2.1. Although this can happen with any rom sometimes as well.

EDIT: After doing this followed by a reboot, youtube is working again (It's been a long weekend). Stinks that I can't sign in, but I'll deal.

Rico, I was having the same youtube problems. I installed Titanium Backup and followed the above steps. Now youtube app opens and lists videos, but the videos won't play. Each one says "There was a problem while playing". Seems that my youtube worked originally but now doesn't. I had signed into my account and have since read that causes problems. Now I've wiped data and still not working.

Last edited:
EDIT: After doing this followed by a reboot, youtube is working again (It's been a long weekend). Stinks that I can't sign in, but I'll deal.

Rico, I was having the same youtube problems. I installed Titanium Backup and followed the above steps. Now youtube app opens and lists videos, but the videos won't play. Each one says "There was a problem while playing". Seems that my youtube worked originally but now doesn't. I had signed into my account and have since read that causes problems. Now I've wiped data and still not working.

Uninstall/re-install
Youtube.apk
Place on sd card and install with your favorite file browser

Thanks for your help. Titanium backup allowed me to erase the data. Both gmail and youtube now function properly.

However, when I run Titanium, it says that my system settings may cause problems. It suggests I go to phone settings "Applications" then "Development" and then tick the "USB debugging" checkbox. But I can't seem to find this "Applications" setting on the Nook Color. Can you tell me where this is located?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Titanium backup allowed me to erase the data. Both gmail and youtube now function properly.

However, when I run Titanium, it says that my system settings may cause problems. It suggests I go to phone settings "Applications" then "Development" and then tick the "USB debugging" checkbox. But I can't seem to find this "Applications" setting on the Nook Color. Can you tell me where this is located?

Thanks.

Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Development > check "usb debugging"
-uncheck it and recheck it a few times, leave it checked, exit and then reboot.

Back