Help Won't Connect to Wifi

Reverb

Feb 8, 2011
i got the tablet today and it runs great and it also connected to wifi but after like an hour or so when i come back the wifi is gone and when i try to reconnect it doesn't show my router in there despite im right next to it and when i add it in manually it just keeps saying its out of range so anyway you guys can help me out

Thanks
Reverb

Since I did the firmware upgrade I am having WiFi issues myself. I don't really understand this yet, but I am looking for a solution as well.

Update: it now makes a liar out of me and starts working again. We shall see how long that lasts. :)

Last edited:
i didn't do any firmware upgrade though although this tablet is 10 times better then the one they sent me before so im kinda glad but hopefully there is a solution

Okay, so now I am not sure if the issue is my wifi router or my tablet. I have been having connectivity issues with both my laptop (running Ubuntu) and my tablet. My wife's laptop (windows 7) does not seem to have any issues talking to the router. I am still looking into all of this. But I can say that the range has been reduced a little since the upgrade. I may send the ap*d people an email and see if they have an answer. I don't know how to make a "yeah, right" face or I would.

Lol yeah that happens to me sometimes but restart it and the it gets conncected again not sure what the prob could be but as for now i think i'll stay away from the updating to the new firmware and btw as ubcan got the reply thing figuree out lol took a little while

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Good lol, I thought you meant the pm, lol. But glad you figured it out.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

Yeah but on the topic mine starts working again after i restart it not sure what the problem could be in your case

I don't know either, but I really am starting to think it is the router.

Hopefully it works on router could be a prob, keep us posted though

I think you should restart router or System reset

I have reset my router twice, but like I said, only my wife, well and my daughters (also windows 7,) seem to have a consistent connection. I think my router is biased in favor of Microsoft. :/

I have reset my router twice, but like I said, only my wife, well and my daughters (also windows 7,) seem to have a consistent connection. I think my router is biased in favor of Microsoft. :/

If you wife's and daughter's PC are Ok to connect through Wi-Fi. It is your deivce - Tablet has an issue. Find out from your wife or daughter's PC what IP address they have on thier PC (Ipconfig /all). Then you use a static IP address to try out on your tablet. And you will know the answer.

Remember ie. Ip address: 192.168.0.200
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway add: 192.168.0.1
DNS :192.168.0.1

etc.

Disable your Static IP address afterwards.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I have tried that with my laptop, which is having the same problem and it still acts up every now and then. Maybe there is just a setting I am missing or something on the pc and the tablet.

Lol i get that sometime too but that is only cause of the router but i seem to have steady connection on mine right now

When I finally do get connected it works fine. I will figure it out soon.

Back