How to update firmware on iRobot A9?

JohnnyInBris

Jun 27, 2011
I bought one of these from a vendor on ************** and I've been hastling him for link to manufacturer and firmware updates. All I was able to get from him was a link to a rom that I think he uploaded. Its available here: V0.51_20110612_GoogleLicenseAPP_3G_AK.rar–DBank网盘|资源共享-文件备份-免费网络硬盘

I cant find any way to get the A9 to load it. Have tried Menu & Power on and a few other combinations but it always just boots as normal. Anyone know how to load it?

Link works now, I don't know how to load it ether, but this is what I need it. Now we need to know how to flash it.

Last edited:
Well I managed to load the new rom by copying the files from the download to a sdcard and then power on while pressing the front panel button. The update loaded but the touch screen is rotated compared to the LCD so now it's unusable except with a usb mouse.

Yes I managed to get the touchscreen oriented correctly by changing a line in /etc/ts.conf from:

module linear

to

module linear xyswap

however the calibration is not good and using the inbuilt calibration from settings doesn't seem to help

help can any body help
today the tablet did not start up
just hang on amlogic screen
i tried to fix it with home button and flash it
but now nothing
just blank.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hi ppls,
i got a CEMA9704 wich is really same looking as the iRobot A9 and has same specs, but i guess it has an other display build in ( cause drivers doesn't match).
Android 2.2 AM8726-M A9 Dual Core Tablet PC Wifi Internet Bluetooth 2.1 7inch Resistive Touchscreen-Android Tablet PC
I tried both Roms - my link and Ramos W10, but none of them really working ... Ramos W10 is a little more near to my display^^ - but still unusable.
I'm asking seller now for exact firmware ...

CEMA9704 goes into recovery mode by pressing ESC + POWER and into SD-Card boot/flash-mode (hows it called?^^) by powering up at MENU + POWER.
Homekey doesnt seem to have a function at boot-modes.

It has a "HY_M8726_GL9587_V1.2" board inside.

CEMA9704 owners pls DON'T install iRobot/W10-Roms !!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
EDIT: after installing ROM from #1 it's finally totally dead :(

EDIT2: Didnt read the release notes before i flashed #1 :(
Index of /download/linux/android/release/MID/froyo-amlogic-mid-20110526U have to format NAND if u not running openlinux firmware .... and now it seems not to do anything anymore ... displays ever black ....
Does anybody know, how to set it up for a new ?

I had the same problem and was able to recover except for some touchscreen issues. You can create a boot SDCard if you follow the directions in the post on the first page of this thread.

I had the same problem and was able to recover except for some touchscreen issues. You can create a boot SDCard if you follow the directions in the post on the first page of this thread.

Hi JohnnyInBris, I am in the same boat as you. The touchscreen has gone for a toss. Have you managed any work around as yet?
Thanks.

Back