just bought my apad...screen issue.

darkego

Dec 29, 2010
I just got my apad in the mail today! I was (and still am pretty excited) this is what i bought Android 2.1 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-7 TFT Touch Screen-ARM 11-Telechips 8902B-720MHZ-256 DDR2-2G-Wifi-Camera(SMQ5821) - US$ 299.98

anyways, it seems to work well except that a section of the screen seems to stay pressed and always selects whatever is in that area making my tablet hard to use because im fighting that "button".

Is there someting I can do to fix this? or am I stuck ending it back? ... i drather not do the latter.

thanks in advance

Is there a gap between the touchscreen and the case? If so take a junk toothbrush and brush in the case around where you are having problems.

i will try that when i get home (im at work at the moment) but it seems to be in the middle of the screen (well slightly up and right from center) even if i flip it, it is the same spot...
it doesnt look like there are any gaps in the screen but i will try brush it

hahaha i have one of those sweet jobs where i get paid to stare at a door and be on the computer! pretty awesome for a student job!
so anyways Im pretty new to everything here, however i would really like to learn how to manipulate this little tablet i have, and then actually contribute to these forums instead of asking pesky questions.

but this screen being depressed is really starting to grind my gears... help!

update: screen is doing much better now that i have played with it more! yay! im very happy with this product so far (even though you cant read the text in angry birds)

Back