Microsd Reader

GS300

Mar 22, 2012
New owner of an ASUS Slider tablet has a question. The manual identifies the SD slot as a microsd reader. Does this mean exactly that? IOW, can the tablet only read from cards inserted here and not also write to them?

GS300

I guess I would have labled it a Microsd slot.

I would too, but they're not the only ones. I have a gizmo plugged into my PC that will read and write to 43 different cards and they call it a "Multi-Card Reader". BTW If/when you go out to get a msd card, be sure to get at least a class 4 card. The class is printed on the card and denotes the speed of the card in MB/s. If a card is not labeled, it's a class 2 and you don't want it. They come in even numbers from 2 to 10 and a class 4 is fast enough for whatever you're doing on a tablet. I watch videos and movies on class 4 without a problem. Also, msd and msd HC both work fine. Enjoy your Slider and the forum!:cool:

I would too, but they're not the only ones. I have a gizmo plugged into my PC that will read and write to 43 different cards and they call it a "Multi-Card Reader". BTW If/when you go out to get a msd card, be sure to get at least a class 4 card. The class is printed on the card and denotes the speed of the card in MB/s. If a card is not labeled, it's a class 2 and you don't want it. They come in even numbers from 2 to 10 and a class 4 is fast enough for whatever you're doing on a tablet. I watch videos and movies on class 4 without a problem. Also, msd and msd HC both work fine. Enjoy your Slider and the forum!:cool:

Thanks for the heads up. I was doing that research but stopped when I couldn't get a handle on the first question. I guess I am just a very literal user.

GS300

Back