[MID7022] FYI - USB mouse works out-of-box

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

I'm still "learning" my new MID7022, and I was reviewing at the dmesg and noticed that it apparently has a USB HID driver that loads during boot, so I tried using the micro-USB-to-USB cable that came with the MID7022, and plugged in one of my USB mice, and was surprised that the mouse worked. Not only that, but I get a mouse cursor on the display also (the reason for the surprise, is that on my stock Gtablet, mouse works, but no cursor).

Pretty cool!!

I'm wondering now if I use a USB hub (maybe powered?), I might be able to hook both a mouse and keyboard simultaneously.

Has anyone tried that with a MID7022 yet?

Jim

I'm wondering now if I use a USB hub (maybe powered?), I might be able to hook both a mouse and keyboard simultaneously.

Has anyone tried that with a MID7022 yet?

Jim

Yes... I have a USB keyboard and a USB mouse (from an Acer desktop purchase) that I connect simultaneously via a powered USB hub to my 7022 and both work well.

Russell

Thats really cool! I just attempted to connect an old razer diamondback gaming mouse. I like how right click acts as the back button.

With my USB mouse connected to my 7022, clicking the mouse wheel in Opera Mobile toggles the address & button bars top & bottom of screen.

Just tried and HTPC trackball remote that I had kicking around; some of the functions work (mouse functions, volume, Direction keys).

Better than nothing I suppose, but it would be good if someone did an app (or something) which could interpret more keyboard command than android seems to recognise natively.

There are a few keyboard/mouse combos out there that channel through a single usb receiver so you don't need a hub. Saw two different Logitech sets at Walmart. Around $35-$40. I've also seen them on Amazon. One of those is what I'm going to use with the HDMI feeding my TV for a big-screen laptop setup. :) I thought this also might not draw as much power as two receivers.

I use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, have you given that combination a try?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Strange, my 7022 won't power up any of the mice I have.

I'm also having trouble with the touchscreen.

I wonder if what is causing my TS to malfunction (driver(s) not loaded at boot, perhaps) is also causing my mouse to not work...

There is a thread about CWM on 7022 where there is a system backup that many users have reported that after installing it the system got better. You may wanna try it...

Does the mouse need to run through a powered hub in order to work?

A forum search didn't bring up anything about "CWM." Could you direct me to a link?

EDIT: I suspect you meant ClockWorkMod, which I have installed.

Where can I download the backup to which you are referring?

Last edited:
Dang it. If you were suggesting I should install fun's ROM to fix the TS problem, then it seem that the endeavor may be futile; I've already installed his ROM. :/

EDIT: I bought the Tab on eBay with no cables and I didn't realize I needed an OTG cable, which explains why my mouse won't work. TYVM.

Nope, it's a backup ROM from a member of this very forum (I think it was thickerblicker, something like this... :p ).

Back