MID7127 - Need Stock Recovery.img

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
If you have the MID7127 and are interested in helping in the development, please post here! I'd like to get a copy of the Stock Recovery.img i forgot to get it before flashing CWM.

Also, if you know where the Stock Recovery.img would be located, please also post here.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
awesome! let me know if you have any luck!

i'v searched hi and low, posted on 3 different forums and no one is responding... i don't know if recoverys or located in different locations based on device or what

I've searched on all the android fourms I can think of, and haven't found anything about backing up the stock recovery. I've only found threads on restoring to stock recovery. I'll keep on looking.

I have the Stock Recovery img backed up. Sent them to your email.

The two files are:
- The Stock Recovery Backup
- /proc/mtd backup

If you every need to make a backup of any recovery here's how:
1. Download dump-recovery-singed.zip and rename it as update.zip and put on top(root) of your SD card
If you're transferring from a computer to SD (e.g. /sdcard/update.zip) or download directly on the Kyros (In this case
/tflash/update.zip)
2. Install the update.zip via one of the two methods
a) Boot into recovery and install the update.zip or
b) You can install the update.zip directly from (Settings/About device/System updates) without having to go into recovery

3. Store the stock recovery backup files somewhere safe

*Note: Stock recovery will be dumped as dumped_recovery.img and /proc/mtd will be copied as dumped_proc_mtd.txt on top(root) of SD card.

Here's where I got the information

Last edited:
Help Please! I bricked my kids mid7127 without backing up, I called coby for the stock rom and they told me to piss off since my device was out of warranty. I have been trying to get this this right for 2 days. Can someone send me a link or post
email: [email protected]
thanks

Back